New Member/Non-Electric Cutaway Tenor

spaceuke2

Reaction score
Hello All, new member here! Just wondering why it’s been so difficult to find a non-electric (no pick up) cutaway tenor under $400. I’ve found only 2 so far. Is there a reason other than perhaps not being a popular combo? Thanks for helping!

Hello All, new member here! Just wondering why it’s been so difficult to find a non-electric (no pick up) cutaway tenor under $400. I’ve found only 2 so far. Is there a reason other than perhaps not being a popular combo? Thanks for helping!

Welcome to our forum!

My Bonanza Oreo is tenor, cutaway, and non-pickup. It cost $389.

Check eBay for tenor ukulele cutaway. Bruce Wei Arts makes them, I have a number of his ukes with which I'm very happy.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

if you ever played guitar, may find one model typical have two versions: no cutway+no pickup; cutway+pickup (see the models of taylor guitar)

Last edited:
Thank you all for the welcome, and the great recommendations! The BonanzaÂ’s are new to me and seem worth a real look and listen. IÂ’ve looked into the Bruce Wei ukes, but havenÂ’t heard the best things about them. I am leaning heavily toward a mainland mahogany cutaway slotted headstock tenor w/o rope binding. When I make my decision IÂ’ll let yÂ’all know. Thanks again!!

Thank you all for the welcome, and the great recommendations! The Bonanza’s are new to me and seem worth a real look and listen. I’ve looked into the Bruce Wei ukes, but haven’t heard the best things about them. I am leaning heavily toward a mainland mahogany cutaway slotted headstock tenor w/o rope binding. When I make my decision I’ll let y’all know. Thanks again!!

Hi There, I saw your video and it was a big reason for me going the mainland direction. Well done, thanks!

That was meant for wescanfly. Still getting the hang of things here :)

Thank you all for the welcome, and the great recommendations! The Bonanza’s are new to me and seem worth a real look and listen. I’ve looked into the Bruce Wei ukes, but haven’t heard the best things about them. I am leaning heavily toward a mainland mahogany cutaway slotted headstock tenor w/o rope binding. When I make my decision I’ll let y’all know. Thanks again!!
I guess I'm always ready to defend Bruce Wei ukes since I've had such good experiences with his ukes. The bad reviews are from a few years ago when he sold other builders ukes on his eBay store, but stopped that when people thought those ukes were his builds.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Good to know kohanmike, thanks for the update. Perhaps I’ll consider those Bruce Wei ukes after all.

Top Bottom