Looking for next uke

philrab66

Reaction score
Hi all
Has anybody got any personal commente on the Kiwaya Ktc2 and the Koaloha Ohio spruce top concert. Mainly for f ingerpicking, I have had a quick play on the Kiwaya which was lovely to play, how does it compare to the Koaloha for sound and playability.
Thanks Phil.

I've have that Kiwaya, and have had, briefly, a Koaloha long neck soprano and a Koaloha Opio tenor. Koaloha and Kiwaya are quite different, in nearly every way. I think you'll have to try both to know which suits you most. To state the obvious, if you are fingerpicking, how each individual note sounds when plucked matters much more than when strummed. So test your candidates that way, going up the neck. I fingerpick a lot. I much prefer how the Kiwaya plays and sounds, but I'm not you. Give various models a try and see what works for you.

I fingerpick a lot... at least 50% of my playing. I have no experience with Koaloha but if the KTC-2 is as nice as Kiwaya's KTC-1 then it's a very nice ukulele indeed. Mine is stunning. Very well made, light as a feather, angelic tone and excellent intonation. It's a joy to play.

I fingerpick a lot... at least 50% of my playing. I have no experience with Koaloha but if the KTC-2 is as nice as Kiwaya's KTC-1 then it's a very nice ukulele indeed. Mine is stunning. Very well made, light as a feather, angelic tone and excellent intonation. It's a joy to play.

Yes I tried one it was so light and the neck was so comfortable. It is the same as yours but with 2 extra frets.

Top Bottom