My Kala Lacewood Tenor Arrived!!!

psesinkclee

Reaction score
So my Kala KA-ASLATE-SP-C arrived today from Mike over at Uke Republic in Georgia! He threw in the case and a Kala T-Shirt for free with it too!

l_3752421ffabe456eae5d54693b4be3ff.jpg

l_3cfd93e5c8c146aa95a7640e7ee1d454.jpg

l_8b91537cecd14eff8ff496178ed88e66.jpg

l_c0de7119d74c424483392388f63c1273.jpg

That's the smile of a happy dude right there, gotta love new ukes(must...resist...koaloha noah), cheers! :cheers:

Very nice,:cool:

That really does look nice! :) :music:

That's my next Uke! I have been looking at that Uke evryday for the past 2 weeks....

How's the volume on that booger? Tone? Action?

I bought one of the F-Hole kala's from MGM & really enjoy it...action is great but as one would think with the laminate... tone is pretty weak & volume is low...nonetheless it was my first uke & I love it.

Congrats on the new Uke....

That's my next Uke! I have been looking at that Uke evryday for the past 2 weeks....

How's the volume on that booger? Tone? Action?

I bought one of the F-Hole kala's from MGM & really enjoy it...action is great but as one would think with the laminate... tone is pretty weak & volume is low...nonetheless it was my first uke & I love it.

Congrats on the new Uke....

This beauty is booming! Its soo much louder than my other ukes (maybe this is just because its my first tenor, but I was really impressed. The tone is fantastic, and the electronics work like a charm.

One thing I found with it is that picking an open C string made the chip-board from the volume/tone control buzz a little bit. But I took a small length of thin wooden dowel and stuck it between the back of the body and the chip-board, and that solved it instantly. Other than that, I have no problems with the uke, its truely a steal for the price. The lacewood gives it a mellow-ish sound, and the sitka top adds brightness to create a really nice harmony.

The details in the uke are what made my end up getting it. The headstock is layers with different color woods and has a really nice look to it. The tuning buttone are small and don't look enormous as some cheap ukes tend to get. The bridge is lacewood and ties the back/sides in with the front view. the neck is all lacewood, and has a great feel to it, smooth and not glossy. The inlays are different from any production uke I've ever seen before.

I know I'm babbling now, but I'm overjoyed with this instrument and have found a new love for the tenor size (I can feel the UAS bubbling up already...)

...and always nice to see another convert to the tenor scale. Conquering the ukiverse, one instrument at a time...

Top Bottom