Bach Prelude - Ukeulele and Guitar

Wingnutz

Reaction score
Forgive my nascent video editing skills but I really wanted to add in some guitar since counterpoint is so fundamental to the works of Bach.
Originally written in Eb for lute, guitarists (Julian Bream et al) set it in D and I have transposed it to G for ukulele. It was a challenge for my old brain to remember 3 minutes of music, I had to play it many times...

Just really lovely Laurence......I mentioned elsewhere my problem trying to retain a piece in my head and for some reason I find Bach more difficult to remember.......nice touch with the guitar.........excellent! Happy New Year Laurence! Mike.

That was a treat for the ears! Very well done!

bratsche

Very nicely done. Thanks for sharing it.
Thank you!

It's awesome to hear Bach played so beautifully on the ukulele, I really enjoyed this one Laurence! :D Thanks for posting :D
Thanks Campbell!

Very nice, Laurence! Makes me want to try a Bach piece of music that I love, but it would be super-challenging! :)
Thanks John, this stuff is hard, you have to settle in for the long haul!

Just really lovely Laurence......I mentioned elsewhere my problem trying to retain a piece in my head and for some reason I find Bach more difficult to remember.......nice touch with the guitar.........excellent! Happy New Year Laurence! Mike.
Thanks Mike - another learning experience for me!

That was a treat for the ears! Very well done!

bratsche
Glad you enjoyed it!

Laurence , you have just outdone yourself. This is extremely well done. Thank you for sharing. Happy New Year.
Thanks Brenda, I think I want to do something easier next time! :)

Lawrence, this is inspiring. You made me really want to try Bach on ukuleles.

Thanks Joseph, I am sure there must be tab out there for some Bach pieces. Just take it slow and keep going to the finish. Sort of like climbing Mnt. Everest with training wheels.

Great stuff matey. I haven't listened to my Bach collection (or any of my classical collection to be honest) for far to long. This has just inspired me to put my headphones on and enjoy some great music. Thanks mate.

Great stuff matey. I haven't listened to my Bach collection (or any of my classical collection to be honest) for far to long. This has just inspired me to put my headphones on and enjoy some great music. Thanks mate.
Yes Dave, there's nothing like a bit of Bach when you're in the mood - not many are still that popular after 300 years!

Very lovely.
Thanks - glad you enjoyed it!

Top Bottom