It is finished!

ChuckBarnett

Reaction score
I cannot thank all of you enough for you advice and support as I spent a full 2 years in the School for Non-woodworking Wannabe Luthiers!

The intonation is close enough that by adjusting the saddle a little I believe it will be pretty accurate. I have some French polish scuffs to repair. It has a sweet tone and I feel that it will stay in my family for some time.

https://youtu.be/h0SJACO5LIk

Congratulations! Looks lovely and sounds good too! That is a great accomplishment.

About bloody time :D :D :D

PS. Well done!

Last edited:
Nice job! I love it when a plan comes together.

John Colter

Very Nice and it does sound great

People have said that it takes a while for tone to settle in. I didn't quite know what to make of that and my natural skepticism came to bear. But I found that 4 hours after stringing it up it seemed different. And now two days down the road it's stronger tone and I think it'll be a keeper. Going to tinker with filing the saddle to get the best intonation possible. Last night I took the nut slots down a little bit, and what a difference that made in playability! I never have done any of that stuff but I like the results.

Looks and sounds great Chuck. Are you starting the next one yet?

I learn something about working with figured woods! It would be fun to tackle something that was a little simpler at this point. I will be building another tenor but I have a half-finished mandolin kit that somebody had given me that I think I'll complete for some more learning. I also have a guitar kit a man got from LMI for over $600 (as the invoice he included with it shows). This is nice Sitka spruce, Honduran mahogany, Indian Rosewood, ebony for fretboard, Bridge. I can't remember what the binding is. He never tackled that and put it up for sale and I bought it for $400 about 5 years ago. Those two projects should keep me out of the bars for a year I would suspect! :)

Very nice! I think your smile at the end of the video says it all! Congrats!

Congratulations! And well done! Looks and sounds great. It has been fun following the progress of this build. I'm glad to see it finished and that you are pleased with the result.

Great Job Chuck!

Looks good, sounds good & by the look on your face it obviously feels good.....

Now the question is.....How far down the rabbit hole will you go?

Great Job Chuck!

Looks good, sounds good & by the look on your face it obviously feels good.....

Now the question is.....How far down the rabbit hole will you go?

Thanks! I'll probably venture "down the rabbit hole" just a little farther... at least. 😉

Top Bottom