Huawind Concert Ukulele

pipermm

Reaction score
Hi
I am looking to buy a concert ukulele and have been looking around at different makes etc. to try and find what is good and what to avoid as this will be my first ukulele.

I recently found a Huawind Concert ukulele but have not heard of this make before. I have tried searching out info on this ukulele on the internet but have not been able to find out much at all.

About all I know is, it has worm drive tuning pegs and it is mahogany. If anyone else could tell me anything more about it and if it is a good make to buy or not and where it is made, I would be very grateful

Thanks!

Hi
I am looking to buy a concert ukulele and have been looking around at different makes etc. to try and find what is good and what to avoid as this will be my first ukulele.

Thanks!

The advice here for purchasing has been very consistent. Get a name brand that others are familiar with and purchase it from a reputable site that does setup. Other option is to actually visit a shop and try the actual ukulele that you can purchase.

Bill, that is a very thorough and well thought out reply!
However....ahem...here I go again....
For a new uker, I recommend sticking with the tried, true, and trusted.
Consider Mim's Ukes, Uke Republic, Mainland Ukes, and Hawaii Music Supply, so you'll know you won't get ripped off.

In this price range, new ukulele "brands" come and go on a daily basis. As Bill mentioned, many of them may come from the very same Chinese factory and are just being marketed with a different tag. In that, I agree that you may get one of these "no-name" brands that is just as good as one of the better known and well-respected brands.

However, after years of following the ukulele market very closely, I tend to think that the well-known brands like Kala or Ohana have a better, more consistent quality control. Sure, you'll probably pay a somewhat higher price for the name tag, but it's less of a lottery whether you get a playable one or not and to me, that's well worth the extra money. Therefore, my advice will always be to go with one of the well-known brands, and buy it from a store that does a uke-specific setup, like Mim, Uke Republic or The Ukulele Site (HMS).

Go to a shop if you can, or go to a ukulele Meetup, or try Craigslist. Many people have too many ukuleles and they'd be happy to sell you one of their starter ukuleles. I'm sure someone on this site would be happy to sell you one. The right one for you is so personal, and it will change over time unless you are lucky enough to find the one, the one true one you are faithful to:)

If you only want to find the best cheapest one on Amazon, you are taking your chances. No one here can tell you what that will be like in the end. Even if person a is happy with their cheap Amazon find, by the time you make a purchase they've already changed their design or their specs. Usually you get what you pay for. And having a ukulele setup makes a world of difference.

Top Bottom