Recovering my voice - Any Advice?

AcousticMonster

Reaction score
Does any of our singing gurus out there have advice for recovering my voice? I've been singing way too much lately, going out to bars and yelling over the bands. Now I've stressed out my voice pretty badly. Is there any thing I can take or do that will help me recover my voice quickly?

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
No coffee, no colas. no talking. No smoking (1st or 2nd-hand) Drink herbal tea with honey and lemon. No throat sprays that deaden pain - they'll trick you into using your voice more than you should.

Hope you feel better soon.

No coffee, no colas. no talking. No smoking (1st or 2nd-hand) Drink herbal tea with honey and lemon. No throat sprays that deaden pain - they'll trick you into using your voice more than you should.

Hope you feel better soon.

Ok, thanks! How long does it usually take to recover though? I want to do some more YouTube videos.

I usually drink a lot of Tazo Refresh Tea from Starbucks or Ginseng Peppermint Tea from the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Both with honey. The Ginseng Peppermint is awesome. Drink them hot, but don't burn your tongue!! I sing a lot of leads with my band and I've found these two teas to be especially good if you're trying to recover. Just buy by the tin or box.

I usually drink a lot of Tazo Refresh Tea from Starbucks or Ginseng Peppermint Tea from the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.

Don't support Starbucks' evil empire! Support your local Indy coffee shop! Mighty Leaf makes some excellent teas as well.

Take lots of rose hips and zinc lozenges. Ibuprofen will help the inflammation in your vocal chords allowing them to heal faster, but as mentioned beware the false security provided by analgesics. The best thing is to rest your voice as much as possible

Don't support Starbucks' evil empire! Support your local Indy coffee shop! Mighty Leaf makes some excellent teas as well.

Take lots of rose hips and zinc lozenges. Ibuprofen will help the inflammation in your vocal chords allowing them to heal faster, but as mentioned beware the false security provided by analgesics. The best thing is to rest your voice as much as possible

Whooooa buddy...it's just tea. I go with what I know. I choose CB&TL over SB any day.

Here in Nashville, every road manager or artist's assistant makes sure to carry a spare bottle of Entertainer's Secret.

Never used it myself, but lots of people swear by it.

JJ

Top Bottom