Fender electric uke sound sample

tuscadero

Reaction score
Hey-o! I have the Fender Nohea ukulele and I just got a Fishman pickup installed. I used a USB guitar cable (available at Target) and played around with GarageBand last night.

It doesn't sound too bad…Fender Uke

it sounds good, alot of bazckground noise. I dont know if garage band cleans it up, but I know that adobe audition can in 2 steps. I like the sound though.

that may have been the settings I used, GarageBand has all these amps you can pick from. I think if I recorded it as an "acoustic instrument" it would be super clean.

The settings are fun though, you can make a uke sound like all kinds of styles, 70s groove, heavy metal solo, nashville, 80s pop. It's pretty fun.

I really like that sound. Seems like there's a lot of directions you can go from there. Keep experimenting and posting.

Thanks.

While I realize a lot of the sound is probably filtered by the software, this has made me more curious about trying a Fender uke. I'm not sure whether to thank or curse you for that. The only one that really appeals to me is the solid mahogany, though - the Pa'ina.

While I realize a lot of the sound is probably filtered by the software, this has made me more curious about trying a Fender uke. I'm not sure whether to thank or curse you for that. The only one that really appeals to me is the solid mahogany, though - the Pa'ina.

Again, I have to agree with you, Ian. I love the look of the koa laminated uke, but without electronics, I can't see buying it... unless you opt for Tuscadero's added electronics.

I just figured out why there was all that extra noise. I set the input in Garageband to Stereo, instead of Mono, whoops. When I record with the input setting as mono it reduces the noise quite a bit, I think. It still sounds a little bright, but I think that's just the way it's going to be.

In "stock" condition, the Nohea has a warmer tone than this recording. I switched mine to Aquila strings and did a comparo between it and an Ohana TK35G a couple of months ago. sound file: http://hopublishing.com/0files/uke-comp.mp3

What we learn is that when electrifying a uke, you can generate a lot of different sounds. I have an electric tenor Kala TEC en route and want mostly to have it sound like an acoustic, only LOUD ENOUGH to be heard with the rest of the band. That will take some experimenting, I am told.

BTW, I sold my Nohea at a show for $80 more than it cost me to replace it. The new one is strung with low G Aquilas and sounds terrific.

Top Bottom