Fluke Tenor laminate vs Outdoor Tenor for a "trailer" uke

jimrex62

Reaction score
I've had my Fluke SB Tenor for over six months now, and while I love playing it at home with my EH headphone amp, I'm wondering if I might buy a second uke for leaving in the trailer rather than toting the Fluke SB around and then possibly having to carry the amp and cable outside.

So, question is: How durable is the wooden fretboard and laminate top to the heat and humidity found in southeast Texas? Will I have issues with warping or laminate separation with repeated exposure to the elements? I'm not considering leaving it outside or anything, but possibly leaving locked up in trailer between trips.

Would the Outdoor Tenor be more suited for this purpose, as it's more suited for this intended use by design?

Thanks for your assistance!

I don't know anything about the Fluke, but I do highly recommend the Outdoor Ukulele. Very durable, has a great feel, and while I read gripes about its projection I think it is every bit as loud as most laminates. Toss it in a swimming pool, a snow bank, or the desert sands.... your Outdoor Ukulele will continue to serve you well, and no amp required.

Braddtastic said:
I don't know anything about the Fluke, but I do highly recommend the Outdoor Ukulele. Very durable, has a great feel, and while I read gripes about its projection I think it is every bit as loud as most laminates. Toss it in a swimming pool, a snow bank, or the desert sands.... your Outdoor Ukulele will continue to serve you well, and no amp required.

Thanks for the response! Plus several hundred cheaper.

Last edited:
Top Bottom