Needing some Ukulele repairing advice

Colateral

Reaction score
Hi fellow Ukulele lovers,

I'm needing some advice regarding repairing my Ukulele. I've been travelling south east Asia and my Ukulele has been attached to my bag and fell.

I'm not sure if they are just scratches or cracks but if someone can give me some advice on if I can bring back the colour that would be amazing. I've attached a picture to show the damage.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony

Attachments

• 20190108_142133.jpg
    20190108_142133.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 55
Those look like scratches or scuffs - you were lucky! (though that's a guess from the pictures, no-one can tell if there are minor cracks without seeing the instrument).

I'd wipe on a little clear shellac, which would probably restore the colour or get close. Shellac is best because it's easily removable for a proper repair later if needed. However, where you'd find clear shellac in SE Asia I don't know - any violin makers or restorers in a town you're visiting?

The first ding is the worst! Whether it’s on a uke or a car, etc. this year, I’m going to work on reminding myself, “perfect is the enemy of the good”. It looks cosmetic from the picture. Does it impede your playing? My right forearm might rest on that spot.

If you see exposed wood, you can do a light coat of clear nail polish. I would just try to live with it. It doesn’t look that bad. Adds character!

Top Bottom