"Connection Unsafe"

“Unsafe” is relative. Other than being annoying it’s probably not a big deal here on the forums (don’t bank or buy from a site with a bad cert). The cert just ensures that UU is actually UU. The bad cert just means that somebody else could impersonate UU and intercept what you send or receive.

So don’t send anything private, which you probably aren’t doing anyway. Don’t send credit card info. Don’t PM trade secrets. Don’t believe that new technique that will make you play like Jake in just 10 minutes a day.

The biggest risk here is somebody getting your password and using that to attack you elsewhere, which is only a threat if you reuse your passwords. You don’t do that anyway, right?

The cert issue is different from (and newer than) what Rayan addressed there, although it's likely it occurred as part of the work to fix the others. Unlike those, updating the cert should be a trivial fix once the admins are in the office and can work on it, though it could take a while if they have to get a new cert.

I got the red screen warning from my antivirus program, but just told it to let me in anyhow.

bratsche, living dangerously :cool:

Perhaps we should put up a poll to see who the real hard core addicts are who were willing to disregard any and all warnings to get a uke fix!

bratsche, pushing it to the limit! :rock:
Living on the edge!

Yep, that's me! Talk about "on the edge", I even lived in the Canary Islands for 5 years (cuando era mucho más joven).

What a beautiful place in the world, seriously. I loved it! :)

bratsche

I saw that warning while I was trying to log in from a different search engine. My issue is that I can't post photos anymore. Is there a limit or something? it worked fine until a week ago.
I am concerned about security, that is why I have a different password for each site, heck I'm thinking about getting a password for my password.

Yep, that's me! Talk about "on the edge", I even lived in the Canary Islands for 5 years (cuando era mucho más joven).

What a beautiful place in the world, seriously. I loved it! :)

bratsche

You are absolutely right, it is a beautiful place. I live here now about 17 years and life/weather is amazing over here. :cool:

Top Bottom