Just wanted to show this

Joe H

Reaction score
Now that the contest is over I just wanted to show my entry to the WCUF logo contest.
Here's the link to my cafe press store where you can get some stuff with this on it.
If there's any problem with me posting this link let me know and I'll take it down.
Thanks

Attachments

• ukewinefest72.jpg
    ukewinefest72.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Looks really cool! So happy-go-lucky and cute! It's nice to be able to see what the other entries to that contest looked like...

Nice work! :cool:

its great., lol heaps skinny :D

thanks

Thanks Pippin and JoeH. I liked number one best also. I was trying to design something that I would want to wear as a t-shirt, or hat logo. I like it as a poster as well. Since it is not going to be used for the wine country festival, I might get rid of the bottle, and do a redesign for myself. Do you think it would look too boring without the bottle? Here's one where I added the ocean.

–Lori

Attachments

• entry_rev.jpg
    entry_rev.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 13
Here's one where I added the ocean.
I really like this. What about turning the rolling hills into something more dramatic, resembling the Hawai'ian coastline?

I really like this. What about turning the rolling hills into something more dramatic, resembling the Hawai'ian coastline?
Yes, I would have to look at some photos of Hawaiian hills, to get a better shape. Given a little time, I think I could get less of a Californian feel and more of a Hawaiian look. These kind of abstractions are sometimes difficult to achieve. When there is so little detail involved, the shape has to be just right for it to work.
But it should be fun! I will give it a try.

–Lori

Do you think it would look too boring without the bottle? Here's one where I added the ocean.

–Lori

Without the bottle it does need something. The ocean a good start. Just be careful you don't lose pull attention away from the Uke.

OR...you could put the bottle silhouette back and add a caption:

"I can quit any time I want to."

:shaka:

cafe press

JoeH

What do you think of the Cafe Press store? Has this worked out for you? How is the quality of the goods?

–Lori

JoeH

What do you think of the Cafe Press store? Has this worked out for you? How is the quality of the goods?

–Lori

I can't complain. I'm a little lazy when it comes to promoting the shop so it has only done so well. Their quality is pretty good too.

Do any of you know of an open source program that does well with vectored graphics?

Do any of you know of an open source program that does well with vectored graphics?
Do you mean to create a vectored graphic in an open source program? Or are you talking about opening vector images, like a PDF? Mac or PC?

Usually Adobe products give you a trial version that could get you through the first 30 days.

–Lori

Thanks, Lori. I was considering trying Adobe Illustrator but it holds a high price tag... I am looking to make some vectored graphics for a cafe press (I want to open a store) so I am looking for something that will do vectored graphics for low cost. I was looking at Inkscape but I can't install it until I get home... Does anyone have any suggestions other than Adobe Illustrator? I know Corell is what alot of places use but I am not sure what program from them will do the trick...

Top Bottom