Islander Concert Solid Top for Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

TobyDog

Reaction score
SOLD
Islander SA-4c Acacia Solid Top Concert.

I bought this uke Black Friday weekend from The Ukulele Site (so excellent set up). I LOVE this uke, but in the time between ordering it and getting it, I fell into a beautiful 2012 Koaloha concert.

As much as I love the Islander, the Koaloha is getting all of my play time.

It's in perfect, like new condition.
islander_front.jpgislander_back.jpgislander_side.jpgislande_tag.jpg

Attachments

• Islander_concert_acacia.JPG
    Islander_concert_acacia.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Photos added (sorry for the not-great-quality). I had the guys at the Uke site string it with D'Addario high g when they set it up.

Is acacia similar to koa? Is this solid wood top? what about sides & back? I'm drooling
& wonder about the projection. One Islander I have heard was amazing! siskadee@earthlink.net

Yes, acacia is similar to koa. I think acacia is more plentiful than koa, so it's a little less expensive but it sounds similar.
The top is solid wood, the back and sides are laminate.
The projection isn't as good as my Koaloha, but few are.

If the Islander had arrived before I saw the Koaloha deal, I probably wouldn't have bought the Koaloha. I would have been happy with the Islander. Not that they're similar, just that the Islander is nice and does the trick.

Here's a link to the Islander on the HMS website, with Corey playing a sample of it.
https://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/sales/islander-sa-4-c-solid-acacia-top-concert.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom