How about a UU uke strap?

ukemonkey

Reaction score
I'm lazy and tend to play sitting in a comfy chair or swinging in a hammock but I've seen a lot of questions about uke straps for those who stand up. There are quite a few nice lanyard type straps now that go into the sound hole and if there was one with Ukulele Underground written on it it might be cool enough for me to get one and get up off my simian behind.

ukemonkey

Nice idea, I might actually buy one! I would have to see what they look like first...

I've seen a lot of questions about uke straps for those who stand up

You don't actually need a strap if you stand up.

Just pointing that little tidbit out. Carry on...

JJ

JJ

Depends on how you play. If you are a classical guitarist type, and like to play melodic, you really need a strap.

I don't like the sound hole hooks though. I would rather have a button/ tie strap system.

–Lori

Oh man I would so buy one right now for my Tenor, but not one of those cheap ones that connects to the inside of the sound hole, the ones that connect to a strap button at the bottom of the body and have a sliding "lasso" string that goes on the top of the neck. Ukulele Underground all over the strap ::drools::

There's always my velcro method! :D

pics?

Do uke's even have a button on the bottom for a strap? I know mine doesn't.

I would go with a shower type suction cup. Those hold pretty well and wouldn't require any damage to the uke body. I'm sure this has been thought of before though.

i think even lanyards themselves would be a great idea too.

i would even want one to have my car keys attached to. of course i would rep it everywhere because i bring my keys with me.

i vote yes on this one too.

"pics?"

All I can offer right now is this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfB6Dv-a7yQ

Basically, just a cloth belt with the hook side stapled on the ends. The loop side (soft) is stuck onto the uke in two places. At the end of the body (where a normal button would get screwed in). The other end I put on the curve of the body just under the neck heel. I even added a couple of velcro patches for picks.

Works great but best on a cheaper uke. But, "cheap" is relative.

I would go with a shower type suction cup. Those hold pretty well and wouldn't require any damage to the uke body. I'm sure this has been thought of before though.

Wow, that's a brilliant idea! I tried it out right now and it works (though I'm not 100% sure that it won't simply come off in a bad moment...)

sorry to thread jack though... but how feasible would it be to get some "aldymon" "rayan" and "puremarkaaron" pvc figurines to use as headstock bling?

ok so it may look a little narcissistic for the admin to do that... but i honestly think that they would sell!

touche my friend, i would rock those as well.

Wow, that's a brilliant idea! I tried it out right now and it works (though I'm not 100% sure that it won't simply come off in a bad moment...)

Yeah I would definitely reapply the suction cup before every jam session.

JJ

True you dont need a strap, but have you ever been playing to an audience, and forget you don't have a strap, and go to adjust the mic stand and totally drop your uke right on the floor, with a loud bang and lots of crazy feedback? I have.

Top Bottom