Where to look for uke in NYC and sugestions

fumanshu

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm from Montreal and here there's nothing when it comes time to shop for an ukulele....In a few weeks I'm going to NYC and I was wondering if any of you know good places to go shop for and try some ukulele...

Other thing is that I'm looking for a concert uke and my budget will be somewhere around 500-550$... I you do have suggestions, I'll be please to hear them...

I was thinking about the Pono, Koaloha or Kamaka line....

If anyone of you own the Pono mahogany how do it compare to the Koa ones??

Thanks once gain for your help.....

East Village Music Inc.
85 E. 4th St.
New York City, NY 10003
212-979-8222

These guys are listed as certified KoAloha dealers. I've never been there myself, so i don't know their selection, I would give them a call in advance.

Ebay? Most sellers ship to Canada for a small extra fee....don't they??

Kamaka and KoAloha are obviously higher-end ukes than the Pono. If money's not an issue you can always order online and than return it if you're not happy.

I've got a Pono mahogany on the way from an online dealer (noob that I am). Seemed like a good bet for a first one. You can always upgrade later...:D

Hi guys...Thanks a lot for your infos.... Looks like I'm gonna order online...but have to choose a concert model now....

Can someone tell situate me on how good rae the Kanilea uke?? I mean if I compare them besides others such as kamaka, Pono and Koaloha....

And any concert model suggestions should I consider in those brand??

Thanks

Mandolin Brothers in Staten Island New York, they have a website where you can browse their stock of fleas, kamakas, and vintage martin ukes. I would suggest playing ukes side by side so you can establish your preference, thats what sold me on the kamaka I eventually did get. kamaka is pro quality and It is still a joy to play it, everytime.

http://myworld.ebay.com/musicguymic

see the selection online and CALL HIM -- he'll set you up right and you'll have your new uke in time to take with you to NYC. I ordered from him on a thursday night and received my package monday mid-day, standard shipping. He's a great guy and eager to assist -- and his unpublished prices are awesome.

Have fun!

Top Bottom