Living Water for baritones

Cat M

Reaction score
Those players who prefer Living Water strings for their baritones... I'm curious... do you use high D or low D?

Thanks!

High D - I found the flouro low D to be too thick, slack and tubby sounding. For my tastes it's got to be wound at that point to get a reasonable tension and gauge.

I have Living Waters Low D on my Baritone. I have mixed feelings about them. They do sound pretty good although I like the sound of wound basses better. Built I don’t tear up the fingernails of my strumming hand like I do with wound strings.

Interesting. I find the same thing with low D. I haven't found a low D string that I like that isn't wound. Pirate's phrase "thick, slack, and tubby" describes it well.

Osprey, my fingernails are hopeless anyway :(

I've been experimenting with a different set of strings at each change, but I think I'm going to end the experiment for non-wound for low D.

Low D set but I have it tuned up a half step on my 19" bari. The low D works well in the application as long as stay under about the 9th fret. I've also used the low G *tenor* set on a 19" baritone for A tuning (EAC#F#) and that's a really nice feel/sound.

Top Bottom