WTB: Pono Pro Classic Spruce Top/Rosewood Body Slothead Cutawy Tenor (RTSHC(S)-PC)

shanmoon

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Looking for a very specific Pono Classic Tenor:
Pono Pro Class Spruce/Rosewood slothead cutaway tentor (RTSHC(S)-PC) like this old listing on HMS. I'd prefer one with a pickup so I don't have to have one installed.

I might consider a different tone wood for the body like a really nice Mahogany, but I do love the Spruce/Rosewood combo. Alternatively, might consider another comparable brand/price with a spruce top, slothead, cutaway, and pickup.

Last edited:
I LOVE my tenor Pono rosewood spruce cutaway. It is a definite keeper. (Mine is the standard paddle headstock.) The sound is excellent. Full and rich. Great sustain and projection. I have Living Waters strings on it.

Whist not quite the same, the Ebony/spruce Pono is very similar in sound. So that would double your chances...

Sent you a PM, I'll take it.
Update: See below, got an error when I tried to send you a PM.

Last edited:
Ended up purchasing a slightly different Pono, the ETSH-PC mentioned above. It's a Pro Classic Macasser Ebony instead of Rosewood and a Cedar top instead of Spruce. It sounds a bit different than the Rosewood/Spruce I fell in love with a while back, but I REALLY like the sound of it, warm and dark and bell like all at once. I finally have a tenor that I love the sound of in low G. Nice resonating bass without an overwhelming metally sound. My only (small) complaints are 1) that I now understand what I've read in a few places about Pono's having a neck like a baseball bat! It feels pretty darn thick from front to back in comparison to other tenors I've tried...and 2) I'm not a huge fan of how cedar looks compared to spruce ...That said, I dig it...It's really beautiful in look and sound, and plan to hold onto this one for awhile....will probably get a P/U installed eventually. This uke makes my top 3 favorites, along side my Moonbird and Kamaka Ohta-San.

Last edited:
Very jealous, that's a beauty!

Top Bottom