Day 1 with my ukulele just got it this morning

Awesome, have fun with it man! :D

And yeah, your A string is way too low, that's probably what's throwing you off...

Dawg, VERY NICE!!! The wait is over. As genrem said, a clip on chromatic tuner will make life a lot easier. Have fun! :music:

I got a Fzone clip on with the Uke seems I cant figure it out would a pickup and a korg be better?:confused:

What seems to be the problem? I would never be in tune w/o a clip on tuner, far as I know they all pretty much work the same. Of course I could be wrong, I usually am. :p

What a sweet uke!

You'll get used to the clip-on tuner and won't be able to get by without it. We have several of them, one in each of our "main" ukes gig bags, plus one that we keep handy in the cockpit.

tuning

You can tune the A string (first string) to the E string (2nd string) on the 5th fret. But, you probably already got a tuner by now. You will have to retune alot until the strings stretch out. Have fun!

–Lori

Keep tightening the A string until it shows A centered on the tuner. At G# you're almost there! :) You got it!! (while I was typing this. I type REAL slow). Keep strumming! :music:

Last edited:
my A string is G# open what am I doing wrong?:confused:

The strings are probably still stretching. you got to turn the tuning peg up so the tuner reads A. Since it reads G#, then your just a half step below the A. keep turning the peg while plucking the single string. the pitch should be getting higher..

Since the strings are still new, the Uke will not hold the tune for too long before you have to retune... took mine about two weeks till it settled.. the more you play the quicker the string will settle

good luck

Nice uke DawG! :cool:

Dawg,

Another useful tip on tuning....

Tune UP to the right note, not down. If you accidentally tune a string too high, back it off until it's below the pitch you want and try again.

Once those Aquilla's settle in you won't have to tune nearly as often. But, until then, tune it frequently and play that bad boy! :D

Top Bottom