Tiny Tenor Spalted Mango - would like more volume

Rustyy

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently purchased a Romero Creations Spalted Mango Tiny Tenor. It is a beautiful looking, and sounding ukulele. My only gripe is that my hearing is not as good as it once was, and I would like to get a bit more volume out of it. It has a low G tuning, which I like, and the original strings are , I believe La Bella strings.
I was wondering if anybody has any experience with this model, and what strings might be recommended to increase the volume somewhat.

You don’t say how old your strings are. The loss of volume and tone are signs of old strings.
Try some FlouroCarbons. There are plenty to choose from PHD, Worth, Martin and Living Waters to name some of the most popular.

You don’t say how old your strings are. The loss of volume and tone are signs of old strings.
Try some FlouroCarbons. There are plenty to choose from PHD, Worth, Martin and Living Waters to name some of the most popular.

The strings are only a few weeks old, they have a wound low G. Not sure how long the shop had the uke tho, good point. I think the la bella are fluorocarbons. Just wondering what people turn to for more volume, and wondering if anyone else has experienced this with this model uKe

In the future you may want to look at ukes with a side port. I have a Kinnard tenor with one and it's actually a little too loud. The Pono with a smaller port is just right.

I think nylon or Aquila sugars are louder than fluorocarbon strings, and fluoros are all I play. Plain—no wound strings.

No, the Kinnard is not for sale. It's a keeper for me.

I love my spalted mango TT. Mine came with Romero's own brand of strings. Perhaps check the Romero Creations website and order some of those.
Mine sounds fine to me, but of course, that's all relative - It's my only low g, so I don't have anything to compare it to.
Good luck. If you find some strings you really like, let us know what brand.

Top Bottom