ukulele is buzzing. Is their anyway to stop it

Nate95

Reaction score
my ukulele is buzzing (I didn't get a humidifier because im a total moron). If I get a humidifier will it stop it or will it buzz forever.

It will stop if you get one...

Buzzing can be almost anything. Ask yourself: Has it always buzzed or did it start recently? Have you changed the strings? Is it only buzzing while playing certain strings? Does it happen when playing open strings or while fretting? Etc.

A humidifier will keep your uke's wood from cracking in dry weather, but buzzing it will not fix...

thanks! I think im going to make one of the pez humidifiers that aldrine showed us how to make :D

oh. I only got the uke about 2 months ago so i don't think its time to change the strings. I has started buzzing just recently. its my e string thats buzzing but when i put my finger on where the string is connected to the bridge it doesn't buzz. When I strum my g string it makes the e string buzz, but again when i put my finger over the bridge it stops. Im guessing the problem is at the bridge then (i think) if anyone thinks its at a different spot from what i have described please tell me!

it often sounds like its the bridge but that is usually never the problem Often the nut rattle seems to come from there...but its actually a nut slot problem. Also with very dry conditions and no humi as you indicated the neck may have dried and they tend to backbow when they do. Is it electrnics could also be the inside nut and washer rattling or a wire touching the body or soundboard the wrong way

its electronic, thanks for the advice about stuff that isn't "wood" related. I kept thinking that it had to be something wrong with the wood.

lol. That would be really cool if it was bees.

Top Bottom