Martin Guitar Club

Jerryc41

Reaction score
Alot of "opportunitys" . Isn't an opportunity , .... a chance ?

Think of it as a $25 tee shirt and a $20 hat.

Think of it as a $25 tee shirt and a $20 hat.

Correct. And if they'd sub a set of Martin ukulele strings for the acoustic guitar strings it'd be an even better deal!

Opportunity to spend even more money on things you don't need. But I guess if you join, they know you're partial to doing that.

wish the actual Martin Guitar company had stuck to their previous standards. But really the vintage Martin ukuleles prices are way down from the last decade. Check out this on UU Market place.
FS: Vintage Martin Style 2 soprano

I don’t plan to sign up but I don’t understand the comments of recent Martins.
I have owned c1k, style 3 k, style 3m and vintage martins. The new ones sound good as well!

My bad I was reacting to a comment that has been deleted. I rose to the bait, and haven't compared the Koa models just some the mahogany ones.
perhaps the preference to vintage Martins is an acquired taste, and I have acquired a few.

Last edited:
Here, here . . . like Kevin, I thought this was going to be where Undergrounder's could talk about our Martin ukes.

And, so - why not?

Nothing too special in my more recent lot of three (TK1 tenor, OXK concert and S1 soprano), but I have to admit that I am quite taken by them; (I bought them all in a span of about 3 weeks). One of these days I would like to add a nice well-played 'vintage' piece to my collection.

And I thought this was the club thread for Martin uke owners on UU.

like Kevin, I thought this was going to be where Undergrounder's could talk about our Martin ukes.

Me three!

Speaking as your friendly neighborhood immoderate moderator, I could go either way. I've updated the thread title to read Martin Guitar Club, since that's what Jerry intended to post about...but we could in fact use a thread for Martin Ukulele owners, as we do for other brands.

Rather than try to turn this thread into that, maybe one of you Martin Ukulele owners could start a proper thread on that topic? Perhaps start with a roll-call of owners, with photos of Martin ukuleles where possible?

btw, I just did a search, and was surprised to confirm that we indeed do not yet have such a thing! Long overdue, I think.

Top Bottom