What Are Your Thoughts Towards Homosexuality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UkuLeLesReggAe

Reaction score
Just a heads up, not meaning to offend anybody.

Another common thread on a lot of boards, i see them quite often when new people join.

So, what are your thoughts towards homosexuality?? thats said properly right? I don't want to say it offensive.

As for me, I'm not to sure. I hated gays for a period of time, but i was around people who hate gays, such as my dad. Times have changed since his time a lot so a lot of people accept it.

I read a large amount of the bible a while back. I couldn't help but notice that the bible basically says "you don't get into heaven hating".

So i thought about it, and i accept it a lot more than what i did. I mean, i used to pay the s** out of them... But when i got really upset about something (not on the gay subject)I would remember all the bad s** i have done and pray and i feel sooo bad.

Ill be honest, i hardly cry at all. Its probably bad for me but i hold it all in for about 6 months and let it out one night so nobody knows about it, and i feel heaps bad for all the bad s** i do. And i regret it.

The thing i don't like most, is how guys speak with that lisp... OMG! And a homosexual at my sko0l wears like blue eye liner, like COME ON!!!

Not to come off in a bad note, its all good. Im getting to the stage where its not me just saying "i don't mind" i actually mean it, GETTING THERE!!

so.... your thoughts are??

I have a feeling this is going to turn into another 'who are you voting for' type thread.

My younger brother is gay. Always been different. Watched him grow up. Same environment as me. He's gay, I'm not. In my opinion, homosexuality is not a choice but genetic in nature. He was born that way. Saw it first hand. Therefore, how can I fault his lifestyle? It is was it is. He's still my brother and I love him just the same..e.lo..

huh?? well i dont want it to turn into bad, give your opinion and nobody... i dunno, ill take my own advice, just say what you think...

i hear what you are saying. and i agree to what you are trying to do.

making a note of this *If this topic gets too serious and there is lots of hard argument and discussion going on, I WILL DELETE THIS THREAD.

i personally dont like gays WHAT SO EVER. reason being is because what their moral acts and doings is wrong. i grew up going to church, and we were taught that their actions are wrong.

back when i was younger than 12 (which was when gays didnt really dome out that much) i didnt like them, they were weird, and i knew what they were doing is wrong and i didnt want to associate with them.

now that im older and a lot more gays have came out, i know have a more understanding for them, because they now teach it in school systems. i work/ have worked with a few gay people, why? because its a gymnastics gym.

i have had, who is now my good friend, teach me gymnastics and i have gotten to a higher skill than i used to be, with his help. friendship wise, i respect him and i love him, but he knows that i disagree with what he does.

i personally dont like how it is out in the open about who is gay and what not, but i cant change the whole world.

hope this helps a little bit, and please keep this topic under control. everyone here is grown up, not little kids.

ok im done now.

Just hating gays for their sexuality is so narrow minded. Who are we to judge about their private life? As long as noone is hurt by that we should just let everyone live the way he wants to live. Even if it seems strange and foreign to us. And basically I can't care what a preacher or what the church says about morality. Everyone needs to have their own attitude to morality and don't just take the things they are getting preached.
I have read the bible and I repect the ones who believe in it. But come on, you can't take it literally. Especially as the bible is a collection of different books from different authors, being more than 1500 years old. And what it says about sexuality does not really fit with our modern society. Look at Vatican, they ban condoms because it is written in the bible that contraception is forbidden. Today with AIDS and other sexual diseases spread around the globe and overpopulation in soem places, the situation doesn't match anymore. I mean condoms can save your life, right? They are nowadays an accepted, necessary thing, you possibly carry around in your wallet, and don't disturb anybody anymore. Know what I mean? The bible is more a moral guideline and I respect everyone who follows it.

Well I'm probably influenced by European Liberalism, haha.

bof, lets try not to get off topic. by siting the bible's view on contraception, its opening up a whole new can of worms. i dont think we want this to become a "what's moral and what is not moral?" thread.

so back to the topic... homosexuality. i will not site my personal views on this, because they are my own. and i do not wish to influence anyone on this, as we all have our own free will to do what we, as individuals, know is the right thing to do. but i can say that i neither condone nor condemn homosexuality. and thats all i have to say about that. ;)

i dont like gays much i'm known at a semi-homophobic person, i dont hate em and they can do what they want to each other but keep away from me. At one point i really hated em, i started taking psychology classes and learned usually being gay is not their choice, it's just how their body worked and in their case they had a little too much of a estrogen increase at time of puberty.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ nukedoc, didn't want to go offtopic, all i wanted to say wiht that is, that one should really reflect other attitudes to morality and build his own one.

I agree with E-Lo. I've been around gay people my whole life, and they have been some of the nicest people I have ever met. I also travel to Cape Cod every year which tends to have a very large gay population. I don't think anyone chooses to be homosexual, and no matter what the bible says, I believe if you are a good person, good things will happen. Thats it.
I have a feeling this topic is going to get heated so....how 'bout them Aquila strings?:)

I have a feeling this topic is going to get heated so....how 'bout them Aquila strings?:)

haha, seriously. can somebody make this thread disappear. it has nothing to do with ukuleles or music and it seems to be bringing in a bad vibe regardless of your opinion on the matter.

love and music right? just saying.

right move haha, ya i dont like them that much though. better than Martins though haha

haha, seriously. can somebody make this thread disappear. it has nothing to do with ukuleles or music and it seems to be bringing in a bad vibe regardless of your opinion on the matter.

i agree, but so far nothing bad has happened. though i am tempted to lock this thread, but everyone has had a good mindset about how this thread will be ran.

Lose lose..

If for it.....then you are a jerk. If against it....then you are a jerk. Seriously, this thread needs to go. It is a lose lose and people will start developing animosity towards eachother on this site.....not good.

How about them Aquila strings!?

oh my god , you guys!

you are ridiculous! what about girls being gay???? ( i'm guessing that is ok because it's HOT, right?) lisps!?? stereotypes dudes! chill out. if no one is bothering you, why bother with all this anger??? really...too much hate in this world already. let's make things better not worse.

xo

If for it.....then you are a jerk. If against it....then you are a jerk. Seriously, this thread needs to go. It is a lose lose and people will start developing animosity towards eachother on this site.....not good.

How about them Aquila strings!?

damned if you do, damned if you dont. hahaha the story of my life also. if we leave this thread open, it looks like we're letting something go thats BOUND to get ugly. but if we close it now, while nothing has happened "yet", it looks like we're over-moderating a thread that is in the "general discussion" area.

walking on eggshells.:(

now, as a suggestion... if you really want this thread shut down, someone has to take one for the team, say something totally jerk-ish, enough for me to HAVE TO close this thread, and i guarantee it will happen with a quickness! hahaha. but now, that makes the person that made the post look like an ass. there's no turning back from the post because it will be closed. theres no rebuttal because it will be closed. and it wont be deleted, just so others that have the idea of bringing this thread back dont think that it hasnt been done yet.

ok, taking one for the team, hate me, or not. this is my job as a Mod.

Topic is LOCKED

LOCKED!

*edit* before more posts that seem iffy are posted. READ THIS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom