HMS - OOPS, I did IT again!

Canuckulele

Reaction score
We are fairly new to ukulele and had been playing an inexpensive intro concert. We started researching and my wife and I both liked the Kaniléa K-1 Tenor and Koaloha KTM series. We ended up purchasing a K-1 a few weeks ago from HMS. The experience went really smooth with great communication from sales and shipping (thanks Veronica).

We discovered almost instantly we needed another “good one”. We thought we’d wait awhile and purchase a Koaloha next. Well...HMS listed six new KTM-00 a couple nights ago and there are a couple of real eye grabbers in the bunch. We just couldn’t not take our favourite of the bunch. I pulled the trigger this morning on this one. https://www.theukulelesite.com/koaloha-koa-tenor-ktm-00-19184.html

Big shout out to HMS for offering such great selection. We’ve really caught the bug.

C6382DF1-92E6-4F45-AEFD-422392492B0F.jpg

Last edited:
UAS is a wonderful thing (see my signature). Welcome to the club. BTW, when you get ready to post an image, be sure to hit a couple of carriage returns, then post, that way you avoid your paragraph from getting spread out like that. Like I've done below.

We are fairly new to ukulele and had been playing an inexpensive intro concert. We started researching and my wife and I both liked the Kaniléa K-1 Tenor and Koaloha KTM series. We ended up purchasing a K-1 a few weeks ago from HMS. The experience went really smooth with great communication from sales and shipping (thanks Veronica).

We discovered almost instantly we needed another “good one”. We thought we’d wait awhile and purchase a Koaloha next. Well...HMS listed six new KTM-00 a couple nights ago and there are a couple of real eye grabbers in the bunch. We just couldn’t not take our favourite of the bunch. I pulled the trigger this morning on this one. https://www.theukulelesite.com/koaloha-koa-tenor-ktm-00-19184.html

Big shout out to HMS for offering such great selection. We’ve really caught the bug.View attachment 114968

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Last edited:
It’s beautiful! How long will you have to wait to get it?

Theme song of those afflicted with UAS...."Another one bites the dust, another one bites the dust. Yea another bites and another bites and another one bites the dust".

You're doomed but it's a most enjoyable doom:p

It happens to the best of us. Even if we think we’ve found our holy grail, still we succumb to UAS. Congratulations on the new Kanile’a and Koaloha. You’ve got excellent taste.

Two HMS purchases in a few weeks? You are already sliding down the slippery slope .......enjoy the ride :)

Enjoy your new ukuleles. And welcome to the world of UAS.

It is not UAS if there are 2 people and 2 good ukes. Sharing 1 good uke and 1 intro would be impossible. Who gets the good one?

Hi, Laurie Ann. Just bought it today, so not sure. Probably within a couple weeks. We should strum sometime.
Would be a good idea. I have been a solitary player. At Xmas my uncle and I shared his uke, as I did not have one of my own. I also do not have a car. We will have to work something out.

Congratulations! You can still fight over who gets the KTM or K1...you might need 4.

I thought I’d update this. We went the states a few weeks ago and picked up the ukes. It works out great because Jan likes the K1 and I’m partial to the KTM. They are very different sounding. The KTM just shimmers with the stock Worth browns and the K1 natural has an open almost banjo quality with its super nylguts on it. The K1 has slightly lower action which is good for her, plus the strings are softer.

BTW, we bought another tenor from HMS. It’s a Kaniléa KSE-T Slothead. We actually got it before the first two we bought. Another story there...

Last edited:
Which Kanile’a Tenor does she prefer? Any difference in playability?

Top Bottom