FS: Custom LFDM Super Tenor 2018 with Adjustable Action

BCTeaches

Reaction score
2018 Custom LFDM Super Tenor Ukulele (19” Scale)
Back and Sides: Curly Myrtle
Top: Canadian Western Red Cedar (Sinker)
Neck: Yellow Cedar
Slotted Headstock
Tuning Gears: Grover Sta-Tight, custom modified
16” Radius Fret Board: Ebony
Fully adustable action (a $400 upgrade). See demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eop2X8o-RKA
Appointments: Curly Bubinga
Sound Port
Laskin Arm Rest
Molded case
It is in excellent (not mint) condition and has been kept in a humidity-controlled room. It was sold to me with several blemishes from its transit journey:
• A quite small, nearly invisible micro hairline crack in the top. This was since repaired by Luis Feu de Mesquita personally. “It has been repaired from the inside with proper reinforcement, and I am sure it is fine for the rest of its life.”
• The gold surface of two tuners was scuffed when the humidifier was misplaced behind the headstock.
• On the back of the headstock, there are two visible surface imperfections in the gloss finish where the humidifier pressed against it.

New photos taken 1/25/19: https://www.flickr.com/photos/167854356@N06/?

Selling my custom LFDM Super Tenor with adjustable action as my darned arthritis has advanced so that I cannot comfortably play a Super Tenor scale. As a result, I'm investigating other playing options as I thin what I own, so this ukulele has been only lightly played since October 2018. I am truly saddened to let this go, as I had longed for a special LFDM. However, I am happy that a new player will now have an opportunity to experience it with Luis’ blessing, as we share a special fondness for this one-of-two adjustable action ukes that he built during the same period and have been noted on the forum. As you can hear in the original sound sample (email and I will send), with the large scale the super tenors he builds are more guitar-like and have many possibilities beyond a standard tenor scale. The adjustable action is truly unique and effortless to adjust precisely for your style of play. In person, this instrument also projects wonderfully. Like all LFDM’s but especially at this scale, it is stunning. When you hold it and begin to play you will understand why this instrument is so memorable. New standard scale LFDM tenors sell for $3,300 and up. Upgrades here included being a Super Tenor, the adjustable action, slotted headstock and more and placed the original list price over $4,000.

Price: $3,400 (nonrefundable) including 2-day express shipping within continental US.

Grateful to be a part of this wonderful community and have purchased several ukes here. Feel free to ask any questions or private message. Most of all, happy strumming!

Last edited:
What is the nut width?

Is the large screw in the fretboard, at the 20th fret, usual?

Is this the same repaired LfDM super tenor that was listed on FleaMarket a few months ago?

Hi, Kenn -- thank you for asking so I can clarify!

The black screw flush in the fretboard is one of two screws in this instrument that is used for the adjustable action. The second screw is the screw that secures the strap button on the neck and is also functional in the action mechanism. Loosening the two screws in sequence allows one to adjust the action with the simple twist of a screw, and then both screws are re-locked. It works perfectly and I love how Luis hid this ability. You can see a demonstration of it on Luis's facebook page, which has other pics of the body in progress as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eop2X8o-RKA

No, I believe that would have been another Super Tenor on Fleamarket in the past, as I purchased it from Luis directly and he confirmed I was the first individual owner. However, earlier today I listed this instrument on Fleamarket, so it is there now.

Here for any questions! Ah -- and I see Camsuke also posted the link. Thanks, Camsuke!

Brett, that is an awesome instrument. Sorry to hear about your advancing arthritis. You will definitely miss this one.

Very tempting. This is a very rare, very cool instrument.

attachment.php

Hey Hodge -- Thank you so much, sir -- I really appreciate that. Yes, my hands are not as reliable as I thought they were! I sure do enjoy it when I play it, while hearing it played by someone who really wants to gallop will be a joy. It has so much more inside to give -- like a Thoroughbred at the gate.

Thank you for bumping a photo, too. I will also post new photos in daylight on Friday afternoon to give more of a sense.

Hi, Kenn -- You are very welcome! I appreciate your asking and it helped clarify for all.

Hi everyone -- There is a max limit of photo storage space for me to post, so I've left five photos from original two posts, and now adding five new, better photos taken just this morning. I hope this helps to give more of a sense of Luis' wonderful artistry in this instrument. Not sure why, but the orientation gets changed when uploaded. You may want to upright the photos when you open so you can see best. Here for any questions!

View attachment 115035View attachment 115036View attachment 115037View attachment 115038 View attachment 115034

For all new photos taken 1/25/19, visit my flickr page. Thank you! https://www.flickr.com/photos/167854356@N06/?

Last edited:
Gah...I am very tempted. I love the 19" scale. I would have to sell one or more of my other ukes first though.

I understand -- I have done the same before!

Happy to be helpful when you'd like to connect. The instrument is still available.

Not many ukes really make me salivate these days. This one really is special! Good luck with the sale Brett!

I've done business with Brett here through the forum and he is very professional and easy to work with!

Hey Kevin -- thank you so much -- and likewise and more, sir!

It really responds, this uke! Looking forward to celebrating the player who really takes off in playing this one.

Happy Saturday! :)

This special LFDM is now sold. Congratulations and thank you!

And thank you also to forum members for fostering this wonderful community of joy, talent and enthusiasm in all things ukulele.

Last edited:
Top Bottom