Uke Got the Look

onyx725

Reaction score
So I just bought a purty Ohana SK-25Z zebrawood soprano. I’ve long been enticed by the beautiful grain of zebrawood but most ukes with this tonewood are laminates. So I scooped up the uke when I saw it on the used market. It’s solid wood with a gloss finish in mint condition and did not disappoint. It’s got great action, easy to play but a bit on the quiet side. But I love it! What can I say, it’s love at first sight!

Have you bought a uke just for sheer aesthetics?

EF3D9C48-6EA4-45EF-817C-AF2C3D81D3DB.jpg

C7FCDFA1-A76B-47E0-A0F7-0352F096DFD1.jpg

2D1AB34A-C804-481E-88D6-239171A01D61.jpg

7B321F37-9E27-4789-8850-EA9BE256AF5E.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous finish, it looks like Ohana has upped their game! I haven't bought solely on looks yet, but they do always play a part, and I have no doubt I will at some point. And why not? If you love how it looks, you'll pick it up more often.

Thanks guys. It really is beautiful, but a discontinued model. Aware that it might fan the flames of UAS (at least mine) what model have you bought that didn’t play as beautifully as it looks yet decided to keep it? Love to see photos!

Have you bought a uke just for sheer aesthetics?
Yes, many, including a Lanikai solid top zebrawood.

Sounds like you're enjoying it! Apart from being a bit quiet it plays well?
Mine was also quiet, so I traded it in and a couple of others for a solid cedar top Kala.

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Sounds like you're enjoying it! Apart from being a bit quiet it plays well?

Yes, I do enjoy it. It always begs to be noticed so that helps like what Teri mentioned above. I always come across comments that gloss finish affects volume and projection. Zebrawood is supposed to be bright.

Nice Prince reference too!

Top Bottom