Cocobolo Concert size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickie

Reaction score
My wife wants to sell this uke, or trade it for a tenor uke (with a pickup or preamp) of equal value. It's just too small for her. Barely been played.
New Worth Brown lo G strings, hard foam case. Strap not included. She paid $500 brand new, I think it's worth at least $400, the thing sounds really pretty, but I already have a Cocobolo, and a new LoPrinzi on the way. Anyway, let's see what you can offer!cocobolo front 2.jpgcocbolo ukulele.jpgCocobolo back.jpg

Thanks, I certainly think so.
I forgot to mention that it has a K&K pickup. Mine also has one, and it's never been a problem.
I tried to post some better photos I took, but they won't load. ARGH!

One of the most striking looking cocobolo ukuleles I have seen. These not only look great, they sound great too.

I'm sure it will go quickly.

Does the fretboard have a radius, or is that distortion from the camera lens?

What a beauty!

And that is a 16" scale concert right? The Cocobolo webpage say their concerts are. Always wanted to try one of that scale.

A pity I live "across the pond", tariffs and shipping would add up a lot.
If this was for sale in the EU I would really need to have it!

The usual questions.....neck shape & size, nut size, finish (looks like satin), and sound (bright, medium, mellow)? Someone already asked about the radius fret board.

Last edited:
Ziret, the fretboard is radiused, as are all Cocoboli.

Rafter Girl, the neck is shaped somewhere between a D and a C shape, I like it, and I'm picky about neck shapes (Ive already had two other uke necks shaved down), nut is 1 3/8", neck is 7 5/8" long, 15 frets, 12 to the body. The finish is satin, because Cocobolo Ukuleles doesn't do gloss. They tried it on mine, and had to take it off cause it killed the volume. I'd say the tone is just on the bright side of medium.
Plugged in, or acoustic, it is mellower than my friend's Mainland concert which has a K&K pickup also.
Sorry I can't do a sound sample, we don't have the tech for it. I'm lucky I can type on this laptop, LOL.
'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom