Anuenue air air u pickup

Lazy808

Reaction score
I saw this on the other thread. Has anyone here used that pickup ? I am curious as it has a microphone on it also. I was looking for a piezo and microphone system with a blend feature if possible.May not be great for live performance but recording maybe? Any feedback?

Really? Can you be more specific? Or contrast with other systems? I would like to know more details.

From what I've read and the HMS blog video, you have two volume knobs mounted in the uke sound hole. You adjust the two to balance the pickup.

Very nice! Is this new? I haven’t seen anything reviews on it. I really would like some feedback or see some reviews before dropping 200 usd on it.

Very nice! Is this new? I haven’t seen anything reviews on it. I really would like some feedback or see some reviews before dropping 200 usd on it.

Check out the blog by the HMS guys from TheUkuleleSite.com. They compare all five pickups they offer including the Air Air. They talk about optimizing the sound for each in the second half of the review and mention the two volume controls: one for the mic and one for the under-saddle piezo.

It's a very interesting comparison especially their comments about each one.

There are several UU people who have the electric/acoustic aNueNue Moonbird ukes with the Air Air pickup.

Just saw this thread. I’m about to install one in my ATSHC-PC. Thought I’d attach a photo of everything before I instal. I did not receive any kind of manual nor instructions. Apparently they have no US distributorship. HMS only sell installed but being in Texas I didn’t want to ship both ways, etc. Especially since I self-instal pickups, tuner upgrades, saddles, etc. I emailed the contact number on the ANN website asking where I could purchase one, they offered to sell to me directly to me. I accepted, and received a repack, meaning incomplete packaging , no manual, clearly one that has been at least opened before. For comparison my MT-PC has the Pono passive under saddle pickpup, and I have Misi in my concert Koaloha, so I will share my thoughts shortly. I really want to instal multiple pickups in the same instrument and make a recording of he sound through my amp with mics. If I find the time I will do that.B89E9288-AB9F-4DCC-8B96-86AB6AC3D3AC.jpg

the two sound hole rotary pots are labelled “Mic” and “Vol”. The black square box holds a CR2032 battery with a hook portion of hook and loop. The loop piece adheres to the soundboard so the battery box can be easily removed for battery replacement. Installation seems very straight-forward, my only question is how mic placement can affect the sound. I’ll set it all up before adhering the controls and kinda move it around to see if I hear any difference.

Have you checked the aNueNue website to see if they have instructions or manuals online?

They had some info about 6 mos ago. Don't remember if they had a instruction manual though.

Just saw this thread. I’m about to install one in my ATSHC-PC. Thought I’d attach a photo of everything before I instal. I did not receive any kind of manual nor instructions. Apparently they have no US distributorship. HMS only sell installed but being in Texas I didn’t want to ship both ways, etc. Especially since I self-instal pickups, tuner upgrades, saddles, etc. I emailed the contact number on the ANN website asking where I could purchase one, they offered to sell to me directly to me. I accepted, and received a repack, meaning incomplete packaging , no manual, clearly one that has been at least opened before. For comparison my MT-PC has the Pono passive under saddle pickpup, and I have Misi in my concert Koaloha, so I will share my thoughts shortly. I really want to instal multiple pickups in the same instrument and make a recording of he sound through my amp with mics. If I find the time I will do that.View attachment 117946

the two sound hole rotary pots are labelled “Mic” and “Vol”. The black square box holds a CR2032 battery with a hook portion of hook and loop. The loop piece adheres to the soundboard so the battery box can be easily removed for battery replacement. Installation seems very straight-forward, my only question is how mic placement can affect the sound. I’ll set it all up before adhering the controls and kinda move it around to see if I hear any difference.

Did you try calling Andrew over at HMS/The Ukulele Site? The last I knew was that he received a bunch of the aNueNue Air Air Dual pickup systems from aNueNue awhile back. He wanted to offer them as an additional option for pickups to install for buyers who are interested in them. You can also call HMS/The Ukulele Site and ask Corey, Zach, Kalei, Joel, or Sean.:shaka:

Have you installed it yet? How did it compare to the Baggs 5.0 or a Misi trio with the Baggs element?

I had one installed in my Hoffmann ML concert by HMS. It was sent to my friends home on Molokai whom I am now visiting so just had a chance to play it. I’ve plugged it in to a ZT Acoustic Lunchbox amp and I was quite impressed.
Both the amp, Uke and pickup are brand new to me so I’m not going to be able to do a comparison with other Ukes that have other pick ups until I get back to Australia.
First impression was very positive.

I have one installed on a Pono baritone and Pono tenor. I think they are incredible sounding pickups.

They are part mic, part piezo. They don't feed back easily.

The tone is great, and you can adjust the mic level. The piezo volume controls the overall volume, but you can easily customize how much piezo and how much mic comes through.

Top Bottom