Giannini baritone for sale and UU mailbox problem

Kimosabe

Reaction score
Can’t get a message to DLB because message box is full.

Dear fellow members,

This full mailbox problem occurred to me before. Delete sent messages. Delete received messages. Clear everything you don’t need.

Yes, that is super frustrating. I've been in that situation, and I just hope no one else gets through before me when the log jam opens up. When I do a lot of back and forth with someone, we usually revert to email. I haven't seen that mailbox limit on other forums.

I just checked a forum I've ben on since about 2011, and I have 119 pages of private messages - and those are just the titles, not the entire messages.

Can’t get a message to DLB because message box is full.

Dear fellow members,

This full mailbox problem occurred to me before. Delete sent messages. Delete received messages. Clear everything you don’t need.

I dunno who DLB is, but if there is a FOR SALE thread, you can post there to let them know the inbox is full.

Also, you can "Download all messages" as XML, text or CSV via a link at the bottom of the inbox page before deleting messages, and that way you do not lose important info you might want to save.

I suspect there are many people who are not familiar with technology enough to understand how the inbox storage works on UU, nevermind how to do the above.

Inbox messages are limited to 20 until you are an active enough member on the forum and have posted 100 messages in the public forum to attain the label of "Senior Member".

IIRC, this is set like this to encourage public participation in the forum.

Once you have posted 101 messages, and are now a "Senior Member" your inbox storage goes up to 50 messages.

For anyone with suggestions to changes to the forum, the moderators are not reading these threads, so a PM direct to them, or an email to Rayan is likely to be the only way to get their attention.

How to PM the moderators? At the bottom of every page on the forum, is a link that says "Contact Us" and when you fill out the form and press send, the message goes to the moderator team.

Otherwise you are just preaching to the choir, or shouting into a Black Hole, and expecting action in response is likely to result in disappointment.

Problem resolved. It’s easy to let your mailbox become too full. It only takes 20 or so emails.

Top Bottom