FS: KoAloha Long Neck Soprano Mahogany (rare?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karndog

Reaction score
I had closed this post earlier as I was extremely conflicted on whether I should sell this ukulele. I really love it, and love the sound. I held off for several months to see if I would really play it enough to warrant keeping it. Alas, I have decided to sell, still with some reluctance. It literally is one of the best ukuleles I've owned. I think KoAloha really nails the sound in the Soprano size, and the Concert scale helps my fingers find their place. But I spend 95% of my time playing my two Tenors.

This is indeed a rare model, only made for a few months last year, and no plans to continue.

Purchased in 2018 from Mim's Ukes, this is a beautiful instrument and sounds fantastic. Included is a Kala Archtop case and a spare KoAloha padded gig bag that I had left over from a Long Neck Opio. Currently strung re-entrant with Martin M600s, which seem to suit this uke well.

This is the original listing from Mim's for this uke:
https://www.mimsukes.com/listing/mi...02-made-in-hawaii-ukulele-w-case-637/11177683

Paid $765, asking $625, shipped in CONUS.

Photos:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jg9NasarG6L4h7BAkJP7KDgaDsYa9EQP?usp=sharing

Last edited:
KoAloha did some interesting things in 2018...they tried Mahogany and Mango in their Hawaiian shop; and Pops has decided that spruce is the best tonewood (thus it is being used in the pineapple sunday models). I don't think they are currently making any more mahogany KoAlohas.

This is a special ukulele--and again, another I'd buy if we weren't paying off a bunch other other things (some expected like a new MacBook after 10 years, others unexpected like a new washer and dryer). That's a great price at $595 for a very unique KoAloha.

Any interest in a possible trade? If so let me know what you might be interested in. I have way too many!

I'm trying to make space myself, so not looking for a trade at this time. I've got a few more I may be posting shortly. :)

KoAloha did some interesting things in 2018...they tried Mahogany and Mango in their Hawaiian shop; and Pops has decided that spruce is the best tonewood (thus it is being used in the pineapple sunday models). I don't think they are currently making any more mahogany KoAlohas.

This is a special ukulele--and again, another I'd buy if we weren't paying off a bunch other other things (some expected like a new MacBook after 10 years, others unexpected like a new washer and dryer). That's a great price at $595 for a very unique KoAloha.

Yeah, it was very difficult for me to put this up for sale. I LOVE the sound of it, I just prefer the Tenor scale now.

Bump — just in case for a cool, rare instrument. That sounds great!

I have one of these and think the all 'hog ones sound better than the all koa ones (which also sound good). I was really surprised when they decided not to more after the one batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom