NUD Any love for Breedlove?

timmit65

Reaction score
I bought a IMG_0151.jpgIMG_0151.jpgIMG_0152.jpgIMG_0149.jpgIMG_0150.jpg from GC the other day. I really like it. It's a solid top Concert that I think sounds really good. The setup was good, but I lowered the action anyway. I've never been a sunburst fan, but I think this is a very nice sunburst. I went by the Breedlove booth an NAMM and they said the only GC has the satin finish, which was my favorite sounding verses the gloss finishes they also had.

Nice! Is this one newly made? I thought Breedlove has discontinued making ukes. Or did they come back with an import line?

It's an import....China. It's a solid Myrtle top and laminated Myrtle back and sides. If you believe their story, Kim Breedlove's uke bracing scheme is what they're having built in China. All I know is, I love the sound and the look. Like I said, I don't normally like sunburst, but I thinks this is gorgeous! Unfortunately, the satin finish is only available at GC. They had the acoustic electric cutaway and the acoustic electric, in a grey burst, both had gloss finishes. I played all three for a while and left with the satin sunburst.

My local music store had a Breedlove Guitar seminar a couple of weeks ago. I went and really enjoyed myself. I like the company’s attitude towards wood and their Oregon made guitars sound really nice. They do make a line from china. On the other hand there was a Breedlove concert ukulele in the store. I really wanted to love it. But it sounded a little dull to me, even with a spruce top. I think it was overbuilt. Maybe some new strings would bring it to life, but I was disappointed.

My local music store had a Breedlove Guitar seminar a couple of weeks ago. I went and really enjoyed myself. I like the company’s attitude towards wood and their Oregon made guitars sound really nice. They do make a line from china. On the other hand there was a Breedlove concert ukulele in the store. I really wanted to love it. But it sounded a little dull to me, even with a spruce top. I think it was overbuilt. Maybe some new strings would bring it to life, but I was disappointed.

The satin finish were to my my ears more live sounding. I played the satin finish two or three stores and then played all of the Breedloves at the store I bought at. I did replace the strings with Martins, more for playability then sound.

Top Bottom