Gaithersburg UkeFest

This may be only the first or second one.

Ah! I was considering it, but the cost would be over $400 with registration, hotel, food, and travel. I've been going to five a year, and I think that's enough. Spring into Uke (one day in Voorheesville, NY), NJ Uke Fest, Funky Frets, Altoona, and Allegheny.

Whoops! The Allegheny Ukulele Soiree is held in Altoona, PA, so Altoona and Allegheny are one event.

Last edited:
Yes, the D.C. area can be pretty pricey. That said, for those who camp, the Montgomery County parks have great facilities at fair prices.

The people that are hosting this event Nani and Keith are good people and it’s going to be a very good event I think. It’s in Maryland not really near DC. I think perhaps hour from there, anyway, plenty of places to stay that are inexpensive. There’s going to be a harp uke there (one of the instructors) and I’d sure like to hear that!

Well I just wrote a bunch of stuff that accidentally got deleted. Bummer!

https://gaithersburgukefest.com/

Funny thing is I was trying to copy it so I would not lose it. Grrrr. Felt sickly and didn’t want to re-write it.

It would be nice to get together with some other UU friends for the festival. Hope the weather behaves :)

I was just on their site reading about all the workshops (there are a lot and variety too, even lei making). Some workshops are already full so don’t hesitate to sign up!

Last edited:
Top Bottom