Ukulele strumming a form of exercise

jimrex62

Reaction score
At least my FitBit thinks so... I can really stack up the “steps” in just a few minutes if strumming without breaking a sweat!

Good to know. I wear mine on my fretting arm rather than the strumming, though I don't think my arm moves all that much. My conclusion is that accuracy is more a matter of time and consistency over span of time, rather than a individual day.

I usually take my Fitbit off for that very reason plus it kind of gets in the way and is uncomfortable when I'm chunking (chucking?)

At least my FitBit thinks so... I can really stack up the “steps” in just a few minutes if strumming without breaking a sweat!

Unless I’m mistaken fitbits are supposed to be worn on your non-dominant arm (so for a right handed player that would be on the left wrist / fretting hand). But if it works for you then that’s all good ..... :)

Last edited:
Unless I’m mistaken fitbits are supposed to be worn on your non-dominant arm (so for a right handed player that would be on the left wrist / fretting hand).

I wear a watch on my non-dominant arm and I didn't want to ditch it when I was gifted a Fitbit so I wear the Fibit on my dominant arm. When you set it up you are asked to program it to your dominant or non-dominant arm but apparently uke playing isn't compensated for.

Whatever it takes to get the numbers up there. :)

I've given up on FitBit. I had the little round one with a battery, but the battery needed replacing too often. Then I got the long narrow one with a rechargeable battery, and it stopped working. I found a solution, though. Whenever I walk, I count my steps and keep a running total for the day in my head. On Tuesday, I lost count around noon, and I had to go back and retrace all my steps, covering the same ground again. : )

I put an ebony end pin and strap button on that Cordoba tenor you sent me. So now I can put on a strap and get some exercise dancing around while I'm playing it :cool:

Unless I’m mistaken fitbits are supposed to be worn on your non-dominant arm (so for a right handed player that would be on the left wrist / fretting hand). But if it works for you then that’s all good ..... :)
Yeah, I checked the app and realized that I had it set to non-dominant but was wearing on my dominant.

I wear a watch on my non-dominant arm and I didn't want to ditch it when I was gifted a Fitbit so I wear the Fibit on my dominant arm. When you set it up you are asked to program it to your dominant or non-dominant arm but apparently uke playing isn't compensated for.
That’s what usually do too. I get looks, but can’t seem to say goodbye to my two gifted analogs.

Drop and give me 50 strums—soldier!

Top Bottom