Kala Uke Crazy Alligator Hard Tenor Case

Nigelapp

Reaction score
I am looking to buy one of these for my Kala Tenor Ukulele. I can only see one reference to its size online which suggests that the upper bout internal measurement is 6.5 inches. This seems quite small.
Measuring my Kala the top bout is 7 inches and, as an electoacoustic, this is where the pre amp is and I dont want to have to feel like I have to jam it in to make it fit in case I damage the controls.

Does anyone have one of these and if so, how wide is the top bout.

Also what are your thoughts on it?

Musicians Friend has a Gator tenor case for about USD$60. Looks to be 7.3" interior dimension at the upper bout.

As seen here:.

Gator makes good cases. I have one for my Timms soprano, one coming for an incoming soprano, and my Fluke hardshell case is made by Gator.

Keith Ogata Tenor... 6-15/16" upper bout, 9-7/16" lower bout.

uke crazy case.jpg

Fits snug, could probably "squeeze" another 3/8" more (7.3" as noted above) but it would be pretty tight.

John

kalabrand.com has contact page fot Q and A

I am looking to buy one of these for my Kala Tenor Ukulele...

Does anyone have one of these and if so, how wide is the top bout.

Also what are your thoughts on it?

You can get an answer directly from Kala by asking on the 'contact' page of their website kalabrand.com.

The design and marketing people work at their California headquarters. They were very helpful when I ordered a GTR in December.

I have the Kala alligator case and it should fit your Kala uke. I have a Kala KA-ZTP-CTG & KALA KA-ATP-CTG-CE. Both fit fine. I also put my Kamaka HF-3 in there and it has a wider lower and upper bout. The case has so much padding that it conforms to different tenors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom