Color of Tuner Knobs

For my tuners' knobs, I want only BLACK.

White tuner knobs look like it's a kid's uke to me. That ship has sailed a long time ago since I was a kinder.

Colored ones might be ok if the top is the same color.

Probably grained ivoroid.

I just realize that I don't remember the colour of those on half my ukes.
I can follow that white plastic doesnt look to high class, I remember disliking it on my first ukulele.

In general I dont want the knobs to draw too much attention from the rest of the Ukulele. So either black or whatever metal colour the rest of the tuner has are the obvious choices.

On the right uke I am sure that amber, stone or some other material might look swell, but it would depend on the uke. The plain solution goes on most.

It isn't something I pay a lot of attention too. I guess I've just always thought that tuner knobs come in all shapes and colors. Whatever comes with the ukulele is what it is. I do not have a preference what color knob I'm turning.

I guess I don't notice them a whole lot unless they clash with the overall look of the uke. I dislike amber buttons. I'd either reject a uke that had them or I'd change them out. I had to look at my ukes to see what colors the buttons were because I was only certain on two of them. Two have black buttons, one has antique ivory, one has an antique metal and one has white. My favorite is probably black. My least favorite in the bunch are the white buttons but the look is kind of growing on me. They tie in to the white on the sound hole rosette. I'd change them out for another look but they don't look that bad and I'm not bothered enough to go through the added expense and effort.

I wasn't sure if this was a wishes thread or a here-and-now thread. Don't say I didn't warn you. It will happen someday.

If they were neon in daylight but then also glow-in-the-dark, that might be cool. :cool:

Maybe also matching glow-in-the-dark fret marker dots on the face of the fretboard too. :)

Kind of like koa myself...:D
IMG_20190202_104922464.jpg

You could change the buttons on these, anyone know what brand they are? They came off of my Kanile'a...
IMG_20190202_110204179.jpg

You could change the buttons on these, anyone know what brand they are? They came off of my Kanile'a...
View attachment 115691

These are the same "brand" that Kala uses on their Elite's with open back tuners.
I've been trying to figure out what kind they are also.

Sorry, hate amber. Like silver and black. Will tolerate white. Maybe gold.

I just played my uke I thought had white buttons but it actually has ivory buttons. Maybe that's why I said I didn't mind them so much. Now that I look at them some more the look actually works well.

Top Bottom