Ukulele Mike Melody Style Books

Staygold

Reaction score
I have emailed every possible email address associated with the ukulele mike website as well as directly to his surving wife with zero results. I am especially looking for the complete tab for how great thou art in the melody style. Does anyone have it or know where I can get it? Thanks so much.

I have book 1 of Mike's chord melody books but I've been unable to find the others currently on line.

Book 1 doesn't have the song you're looking to find.

There is another thread regarding these books in Buying Tips.

The web site for purchases is http://www.ukulelemikelynch.com but it has been inoperable for awhile with a promised revamp pending. I've tried to purchase Chord Melody books 2, 3, 4, and 5 several times. Yesterday it looked like the Paypal button was up and working again but it wasn't and rejected my latest attempt to buy. It's quite frustrating, especially to someone like me who already believes copy-write laws are overly burdensome. These "books" are pdf files and can be easily shared by email. Maybe they should be?

There is another thread regarding these books in Buying Tips.

The web site for purchases is http://www.ukulelemikelynch.com but it has been inoperable for awhile with a promised revamp pending. I've tried to purchase Chord Melody books 2, 3, 4, and 5 several times. Yesterday it looked like the Paypal button was up and working again but it wasn't and rejected my latest attempt to buy. It's quite frustrating, especially to someone like me who already believes copy-write laws are overly burdensome. These "books" are pdf files and can be easily shared by email. Maybe they should be?

Copyright laws protect material (in this case, musical arrangements) that someone spent a great deal of time and energy creating. When you purchase their material, you are supporting their livelihood. Mike Lynch's arrangements are copyrighted. It doesn't matter whether someone's publications are in digital format or print format, they deserve to be compensated for their efforts either way. I will send you a PM with Collene Lynch's email address. If you contact her, I am sure she will figure out a way to make the purchase happen for you.
Jan D

Copyright laws protect material (in this case, musical arrangements) that someone spent a great deal of time and energy creating. When you purchase their material, you are supporting their livelihood. Mike Lynch's arrangements are copyrighted. It doesn't matter whether someone's publications are in digital format or print format, they deserve to be compensated for their efforts either way. I will send you a PM with Collene Lynch's email address. If you contact her, I am sure she will figure out a way to make the purchase happen for you.
Jan D

Please send her e-mail to me. I would be glad to buy it. Thank you.

HI! I'd be interested in Collene's email as well. I'd been trying to figure out a way to purchase one of Mike's books as well and had received no response from Web site contact form. I didn't realize until recently that Mike was no longer with us.

Thanks.

-Brett

Thanks to jan, I've been in contact with Collene Lynch trying to purchase vols 2-5 of the chord melody series. I told her I was unable to complete the purchase on the web site. She checked with paypal and they told her there was no problem with the site. She said she had several recent purchases go through. So I went back to the site and again had no luck.

So this time I made a video of my attempt. Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

https://imgur.com/aI7srHE

I tried it for you on my PC. Same thing happened (see the photo below). I think you should ask Collene again.

Thanks for the confirmation.

They said I was probably using the wrong browser. I tried three. I told her I believe she is not being well served by paypal or whoever runs her site.

Anyway, we agreed I'd send her a check.

PayPal may send money without this Web site. I think we just need both resistered email address.

Thanks to jan, I've been in contact with Collene Lynch trying to purchase vols 2-5 of the chord melody series. I told her I was unable to complete the purchase on the web site. She checked with paypal and they told her there was no problem with the site. She said she had several recent purchases go through. So I went back to the site and again had no luck.

So this time I made a video of my attempt. Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

https://imgur.com/aI7srHE

The first time I tried to buy Mike's e-books, I received the same PayPal message that you are getting. Since I don't have a PayPal account and planned to pay with my credit card, I tried a second time to make the purchase. The only thing I did differently the second time is that instead of putting my cursor over the “Buy Now” button and clicking, I put my cursor over the MasterCard image below the Buy Now button and clicked there instead. Yes, it shouldn't have made a difference, the line of credit cards seem to be part of the Buy button when your cursor hovers over the area. But you know what? The purchase went through. Maybe it was just a coincidence. But at this point, it's the only thing I can suggest you try. Hope it works for you!
Jan D.

HI! I'd be interested in Collene's email as well. I'd been trying to figure out a way to purchase one of Mike's books as well and had received no response from Web site contact form. I didn't realize until recently that Mike was no longer with us.

Thanks.

-Brett

Brett,
I will send you a PM with the requested info.
Jan D.

Hi, Jan, BBegall and bretterb!

This works. It leads to payment site. If update (see the bottom photo) doesn't work, press "Pay with PayPal account" first. Actually "Pay with PayPal account" button does not leads to PayPal site with one click, hence it is ok.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I recently purchased Mike Lynch's Chord Melody eBook (Volume One) with no problems (through PayPal). I received the eBook the next day with a warm message from Colleen. The only glitch was that her message and book initially arrived in my junk folder and I had "teach" my email that it wasn't junk.

I really love this book and will be getting the rest in due time. I've already started playing Autumn Leaves--Mike was a terrific teacher. All I can say is keep trying until you get through. Highly recommended and well worth it!

Also, many of Mike's video lessons from these books are on Vimeo (without the ads):

https://vimeo.com/ukulelemikelynch

Cheers,
Roger

Thanks to all for the help with this. I tried it with my normal Chrome browser and got the familiar error message but when I switched to a Safari browser I was able to make the payment. It still seems to me that Collene Lynch is poorly served here. It shouldn't be this hard to buy from a website.

Top Bottom