Walnut Concert Flea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Newer walnut concert Flea; got about 6 weeks ago. Great volume, tone intonation and action, these are great sounding, durable ukes. This one has the grip strips installed on the back, and one of those adhesive cable tie mounting bases on the bottom side, to allow a strap to be attached (easily removed if not wanted). The strap is attached with leather string there, and at the heel, through the original plastic loop. New Martin M600 strings, which sound fabulous. I'll ship as shown, with the uke strap attached.

20190225_114911.jpg
20190225_114856.jpg
20190225_114836.jpg
20190225_114345.jpg
1.jpg

Last edited:
Are you aware that you can actually send this Flea back to The Magic Fluke Co. and get the fingerboard swapped out for the hardwood version? That would save you a fair amount of money, I suspect.

Scooter

Heck, John can just drive over!

I was told by MFC that you are better,off to sell your plastic fretboard one, and buy a new one with wood fretboard as
The labour to change out isn’t worth it.

great luck with the sale, good price!
Curious why the wooden fret board? For easier sight of frets and markers?
I had a concern when buying mine then a small amount of white paint to mark the top frets and side dots and it works out great.

Good luck with the sale, played a similar one in the store the other day the walnut, sounds really nice.

Yes, I have some hand/finger issues, so I now need to see the frets to place my fingers accurately, it's hard for me to do it by feel alone. I know I could mark the sides or even the frets themselves with a silver Sharpie. In fact, I bought one, but just couldn't bring myself to do it, then saw the hardwood fingerboard Flea pop up here for sale. In addition, the metal frets are a tiny bit higher, which also feels better to me.

Yep, Marketplace is great. A few weeks ago I bought a walnut Fluke plastic fret for $150 shipped, needed a proper saddle. Someone grab this one, great deal.

Hi everyone, would a standard concert sized case fit this uke?

Hi everyone, would a standard concert sized case fit this uke?

YES!

I keep my concert Flea in a standard canvas-covered hard foam case, aka "polyfoam", aka "Uke Crazy" styled case and it "fits" fine inside the indentations that hug the waist between the upper bout and lower bout area of the case.

To fill in the space at one time I just balled up a t-shirt, and another time used some pieces of foam that I cut to fit. Neither is really necessary.

If your case has the velcro that holds the neck in place, the Flea should not rattle around too much.

These types of cases are typically $30-$50 USD depending upon the vendor, but most are all made in Asia somewhere, and seem to get different "brand names" once they come into the USA...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom