New Kanile'a k1 tenor

stripedass

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum. Somewhat New to the uke, only been taking it more seriously over the past few months. When I dug up a $30 Carlo robelli uke I bought my son a few years ago. I decided to pick up something nice. I've been playing guitar for 30 years and have spent more money on funding Guitar Acquisition Syndrome then I'd care to admit... So I figured I might as well drop the cash now on something nice that shouldn't leave me wanting... Not too many places around me to try anything decent unless I drive to NYC so I bought online..

So I got this k1 tenor.. I need to get new strings. I'm looking for some string suggestions. I am play primarily fingerstyle and chord Melody type of stuff.

Thanks! And sorry I didn't search, I'm sure this has come up before but I wanted to start a chat as a new member!!

I like my go to strings on the K1. Low-G Living Waters; or Low-G Worth Browns.

My Kanile'a is one of the warmest Ukes I have ever owned. I used to have Living Water Low G on it but the pairing turned out to be super mellow, a bit much for me. I recently changed it to Worth Brown Low G and is now perfect.

Congrats on your new Kanilea. For lo G playing, I also prefer Worth Browns.

The Fremont Soloist Low G on my Kanile'a really sings together with the Martin 620's

Last edited:
By the way, welcome to the UU forum. Ukuleles are cheaper than guitars at least.

Andy

I like the Worth strings with low G on my Kanile'a - very warm and resonant.

Sorry for the late response. Not getting notifications to this post.

I just ordered a bunch of strings online.. I'll start playing around

I am already looking at another uke... It's a sickness..

By the way, welcome to the UU forum. Ukuleles are cheaper than guitars at least.

Andy

Thanks and yes!!! Thankfully ukes are cheaper than guitars!! I was actually just justifying this point to my wife lol!!!

I can't speak to the strings issue (not enough knowledge), but wow, that is a gorgeous ukulele! Congrats.

Top Bottom