The Unicorn (the Irish Rovers)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
I started listening to the radio a lot in 1968 (6th grade) and not too long after that I got my first ukulele, so that's about the time I started loving music and singing and trying to play a musical instrument. There were a lot of great songs that came out of 1968, and this was one of them.

I couldn't do the song without adding a wee bit of Irish accent, or at least as best as I could manage. Hope you like my attempt!

A very early Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all...

Last edited:
Beautiful! Unicorn in the window is a nice touch.

Thanks, John! I didn't think about St. Patrick's Day before posting the video on YouTube, but I think it'd be a good one for that occasion!

Thanks, Laurie! So glad you spotted the unicorns! :)

I refer to what I said to you on YouTube about this one John. Great job mate.

Great job on this wonderful song. I remember loving this song on the radio.

Thanks Dave, Laurence, rainbow21, and Campbell! Have a great weekend! :)

Thanks, Bill! I really appreciate it! I have to check the Muppet Movie and see if Kermit plays left handed! :)

Hahahahaha! Awesome! As it happens, I am too, except that I don't reverse the order of my strings; been doin' it that way for 53 years!

Thanks, Brenda! One of those songs that tests your memory for lyrics. If I waited a few more years I might not have been able to get through this song!

Bill, I wonder what most left-handed players do?? Anyway, whatever has worked for 53 years has to be fine! :)

Excellent again John, My Irish mother if she was still here would approve without a doubt. She would be saying "Bejasus John thats the fecking crack"!!!!!!!
That is one beautiful ukulele you are playing.

Keep them coming!
Mike

Aye lad...you've nailed it. It's obvious you have got a wee bit o' the Irish in ya after-all !!

I'll be givin' a toast to yer playin' with a pint or two of them famous black beers. That's a great sing along tune.

Last edited:
Thanks, Mike! I'm glad your mother would have approved! Thanks, Joseph! I thought it would be an ironic touch to have them outside the window just as I sang that you'd never gonna see them. Thanks, warndt! I wasn't sure if I was throwing in some Scottish accent or whatever, me not being an expert at accents. But it was fun trying! :)

Great rendition, John. Lots of fun memories of the Irish Rovers from the '70s, including watching their TV show. Thanks for sharing.

Bill

Top Bottom