PDA

View Full Version : FS: Ko'olau 20 Year Anniversary Custom Tenor "Ulu"

bearbike137
03-01-2019, 09:37 AM
Hi all. I am putting my favorite uke ever up for sale. I am the original owner. It is in Near Mint condition (actually I can't find a mark on it). It has never left my house and is always kept in in its case in my climate controlled nonsmoking home studio.

SOLD! Original case included.

It is a Ko'olau 20th Anniversary Tenor "Ulu". From what I understand, my uke was the only one made with inlay on the headstock. It sounds and plays amazing, and looks gorgeous. Here is a link to Kalei playing it:

https://vimeo.com/216805517

Here is the link to when it was for sale at HMS. It contains all the photos and description you will ever need:

https://www.theukulelesite.com/ko-olau-20-year-anniversary-custom-tenor-ulu-2028.html

Here is the obligatory hostage photo:

The uke is presently strung with high G tuning. It's hard to let this one go, but I can't afford to keep it. I was out of work for 14 months and although I am working again, it is at a much lower wage than I was formerly making. I simply can't have this much money tied up in one ukulele.

USA buyers only. Please PM with any questions. Thank you!

Martinlover
03-01-2019, 11:36 AM
OMG this is my holy grail. :drool:
But I am supposed to be saving for retirement.

Ukecaster
03-01-2019, 11:55 AM
Wow, what a beauty!

sam13
03-01-2019, 01:47 PM
The tone on this Uke is very special.

Good luck on your sale!

Jeffelele
03-01-2019, 03:18 PM
Wow. A standout even by the high standards of Ko’olau.

Sorry for your troubles and wishing you well.

Kenn2018
03-01-2019, 03:28 PM
Bearbike,

I hope you are quickly back to your previous economic prosperity. I've been there and it isn't a pleasant thing.

Your Ko'olau Ulu tenor is a thing of beauty with a voicing that is very special. I am truly sorry that you have to relinquish it. Needs must. I wish you all the best.

Some very fortunate player will be able to enjoy this rare instrument.

Martinlover
03-01-2019, 04:12 PM
Your Ko'olau Ulu tenor is a thing of beauty with a voicing that is very special. I am truly sorry that you have to relinquish it. Needs must. I wish you all the best.

I, too am sorry you had to go thru hard times and had to make this decision.

bearbike137
03-01-2019, 04:32 PM
You folks are great. Thank you for the kind words. The good news is that I found a job that I love - something I haven't experienced before. The pay is sufficient enough to pay our bills, but there isn't much left over. So, I need to be more careful about our budget and our savings.

I have been deliberate in this transaction. I first when out and found a used tenor that I love (Kamaka), freeing the Ko'olau up to sell. Not a true hardship in any sense. Believe me, in the grand scheme of things, these are the right kind of "problems" to have!

bearbike137
03-02-2019, 05:24 PM
Wow. A standout even by the high standards of Ko’olau.

Completely agree. I have owned 4 Ko'olau tenors over the past few years (including a Cuban Mahogany CS that I sold to Corey Fujimoto). In my opinion, this is the best of the bunch, both in tone and playability. It has great sustain and richness, and the intonation is superb.

bearbike137
03-07-2019, 05:51 PM
Priced reduced to $3550 (Paypal'd and shipped to lower 48 states US).

Slade
03-07-2019, 06:17 PM
Man, what a beautiful ukulele. I’m tempted but I too am selling a Ko’olau.

bearbike137
03-10-2019, 05:32 PM
SOLD! Thank you.