FS: Ko'olau 20 Year Anniversary Custom Tenor "Ulu"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearbike137

Reaction score
Hi all. I am putting my favorite uke ever up for sale. I am the original owner. It is in Near Mint condition (actually I can't find a mark on it). It has never left my house and is always kept in in its case in my climate controlled nonsmoking home studio.

SOLD! Original case included.

It is a Ko'olau 20th Anniversary Tenor "Ulu". From what I understand, my uke was the only one made with inlay on the headstock. It sounds and plays amazing, and looks gorgeous. Here is a link to Kalei playing it:

https://vimeo.com/216805517

Here is the link to when it was for sale at HMS. It contains all the photos and description you will ever need:

https://www.theukulelesite.com/ko-olau-20-year-anniversary-custom-tenor-ulu-2028.html

Here is the obligatory hostage photo:

20190228_231316.jpg

The uke is presently strung with high G tuning. It's hard to let this one go, but I can't afford to keep it. I was out of work for 14 months and although I am working again, it is at a much lower wage than I was formerly making. I simply can't have this much money tied up in one ukulele.

USA buyers only. Please PM with any questions. Thank you!

Last edited:
The tone on this Uke is very special.

Good luck on your sale!

Bearbike,

I hope you are quickly back to your previous economic prosperity. I've been there and it isn't a pleasant thing.

Your Ko'olau Ulu tenor is a thing of beauty with a voicing that is very special. I am truly sorry that you have to relinquish it. Needs must. I wish you all the best.

Some very fortunate player will be able to enjoy this rare instrument.

Your Ko'olau Ulu tenor is a thing of beauty with a voicing that is very special. I am truly sorry that you have to relinquish it. Needs must. I wish you all the best.

I, too am sorry you had to go thru hard times and had to make this decision.

You folks are great. Thank you for the kind words. The good news is that I found a job that I love - something I haven't experienced before. The pay is sufficient enough to pay our bills, but there isn't much left over. So, I need to be more careful about our budget and our savings.

I have been deliberate in this transaction. I first when out and found a used tenor that I love (Kamaka), freeing the Ko'olau up to sell. Not a true hardship in any sense. Believe me, in the grand scheme of things, these are the right kind of "problems" to have!

Last edited:
Wow. A standout even by the high standards of Ko’olau.

Completely agree. I have owned 4 Ko'olau tenors over the past few years (including a Cuban Mahogany CS that I sold to Corey Fujimoto). In my opinion, this is the best of the bunch, both in tone and playability. It has great sustain and richness, and the intonation is superb.

Man, what a beautiful ukulele. I’m tempted but I too am selling a Ko’olau.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom