Unknown (to me) Ukulele Brand

Asrafrate

Reaction score
My sister and her husband came back from Hawaii and gifted me this Soprano. I don't recognise the brand (and the logo is a bit blurry for me to fully discern the name.)

Can anyone tell me the exact name and a little bit more about the company and the types of ukes they make?

20190225_201133.jpg

Your label says Pacific Ukulele, and seems to indicate that it's made in Hawaii. Another UU forum member purchased one, and had questions about it. https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?128093-Pacific-Ukulele
It seems that there is a custom builder who also uses the name Pacific Ukulele, but the appearance of the two brands is quite different.
Maybe someone from Honolulu can provide some information about this company.

There are literally hundreds of one man ukulele shops on Oahu. Most of the builders are retired and their hobby of building instruments became a side job. I've seen some some amazing instruments being built in car ports but also some of heaviest non resonant but beautifully made 'ukuleles. I bought an amazing no name koa tenor from a car port for a mere $225—everything I had in my wallet! I returned a year later to buy another one for a friend and the builder had passed away. And, yeah, there's often a few woodworkers and ukulele builders at craft fairs and the swap meet. It's rare to find a really good instrument but it happens from time to time.

I have a Pacific Ukulele (tenor) I bought at the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet in 2015 when my nephew came to visit (he also bought one). It is pretty nice. A laminate flame maple top, back and sides, with an arched back. Beautiful and plays good. I paid about $120 for it. The label says Pacific Ukulele Honolulu, Hi. I think it is an import, but the company is based in Honolulu. I like it a lot.

IMG_1774.jpg
IMG_1773.jpg
IMG_1775.jpg
IMG_1777.jpg

Top Bottom