Good Ukulele Music to Listen to

Deirdre

Reaction score
Hey folks, I am new to the world of the ukulele and am looking for some good music with ukulele components to listen to. Any suggestions?

Just off the top of my head and there are lots more. This list should keep you busy . . .
  • Jake Shimabukuro
  • UU's own Aldrine Guerrero

300.jpg
  • James Hill
  • Herb Ohta Jr.
  • Craig Brandau
  • Gerald Ross
  • Derick Sebastian
  • Another long time and distinguished member, Dominator
  • One of UU's moderator and a very talented individual, seeso
  • Live 'Ukelele links

Last edited:
Ya left out one. :D

JJ

Aldrine's CD is excellent plus it's away of thanking him for all his help to the members here at UU. :cool:

Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain! Don't forget them.

Go search YouTube. Lots and lots of uke stuff there.

PS. George Formby!

Any and all of Jumpin Jim's Ukulele Masters CD/Books are great. The playing is stellar and you get a peachy-keen book with all the tabulature for the music. Its a win-win.

Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain! Don't forget them.

I'd never even thought of playing a uke until some months ago when I stumbled across Jake Shimabukuro (hope I spelled that close) and heard how awsome a ukulele could sound. Then I ran across UO of GB and fell completely in love with the versatility of the instrument (and with their musicianship). They are big fun to listen to.

Chalmers Doane has a bunch of those Lp's that he did as part of his Music Program in Halifax in the 1970's on his site and there's some really great stuff on those and they're a free download. (thanks again to whoever posted the initial pointer. I forgot who it was and I'm too lazy to search...)

They've been on my Zune for months and are always a pleasant little surprise when a track or two flutters by in random play.

Look for Troy Fernandez and also Lyle Ritz. I think you can get most of Lyle Ritz' recording at Roy Sakuma's website. Google him, I'm not slick enough on the computer to insert the link. Sorry

I heartily recommend the debut CD by The Barnkickers. Check them out either at their website or on You Tube....

Top Bottom