Ohana Through Body Bridge Strings

Heavy2600

Reaction score
All,

I've seen a few Ohana through body bridges on Reverb. I see Mim had one a while back. Hers was marked B-stock. Anyone know if this is an indication of being a B-stock Ohana? Their website only has bridge tied strings for the models in question. I also see some B-stocks are starting to have a B stamp on the label. This is a nice touch to safeguard buyers. Thank you!

I have a b grade ukulele. It is rated that way because of cosmetic faults. Through the bridge is a design feature.

This makes me wonder if Ohana contracts with builders who possibly make other ukes. (I suspect Mainland would be one of them.) Until this example, I've never heard of Ohanas having a string through the body bridge so maybe it was an unintended crossover/mistake. I have 3 Ohanas and two of them came with different hardware than what was featured on their website and I know for a fact that they sold both those ukes with the exact hardware as featured on their web site. It seems kind of odd.

I too have a B-stock Ohana. It was new and listed as a B-stock but the label inside was not stamped with a "B". Just looking at it you'd never know. You have to look at it very closely and hold it so the light catches it in a certain way to detect light scratches in the satin finish on the body.

Last edited:
I played my uncles Ohana and have been charmed with them ever since. It could be they drop and add new models to their catalog depending on availability of materials and popularity.

Called Ohana. Spoke to the owner Louis. He said they changed to a through body bridge stringing on the tenor 8 string due to the higher tension. He said they know it is harder to string, but did not want to use bridge bolts like some other Manufacturers. I've already restrung the new one and it's not that hard. The TK-70-8 sounds great. I was going to keep it either way. Thanks all!

Top Bottom