Ko’olau CS-O For Sale

Slade

Reaction score
I have a new Ko’olau CS-O Tenor for sale. Mint condition with Bearclaw Spruce top and Kou sides and back with Koa binding and a beautiful Kou flower inlay on the headstock. I’m selling it for $4500. It’s list price was for $5300. I’m trying to slim down my collection. This Ko’olau was made in 2018 and is in perfect condition.
https://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/brand/koolau/ko-olau-cs-koa-tenor-7-31.html

Slade...since there is a considerable $$ asking price attached to your ukulele, this will greatly reduce the amount of serious potential buyers. This is exasperated by the fact that this is your first post on this forum. You may want to broaden your exposure and consider listing this uke on multiple sites.

Flea Market Music (FMM) would be another good place to list this absolutely gorgeous instrument.
https://www.fleamarketmusic.com/marketplace/Default.asp

Reverb would be another suggested site to look into...

Good luck with the sale...wish I had the bones!
William

Also very difficult to spend that much without a trial period, like the one the original buyer got...
Ron

If I had the money and you were in the UK this would be mine - it's fabulous!

I am always leery about instruments that show the original listing photos, but not current ones that show the instrument's present condition. I'm sure that it is in perfect, like new condition. But for $4500 USD, I'd want to see lots of photos to reassure me that it was indeed pristine.

This isn't a comment about you Slade, as a person. I don't know you. You are relatively new to the board. So no history. But even if you were an old hand and had been posting and selling instruments for years, I'd still want to see photos for an expensive item such as yours. But, that's me.

Your Ko'olau is gorgeous. A high-demand item. And I am sure it will sell quickly to some fortunate player.

Best of luck with the sale.

I know I’m new to this site and I totally get the original photos comment. For serious buyers I’d take photos of every inch of the Ko’olau. I play but I’m also a collector and this is a superb ukulele. I’d rather sell it to someone who will play it more often than I do. It is in perfect condition and has only been played a few times. I also realize it’s a hefty price tag but I’m not trying to rip anyone and it’s worth the asking price. I don’t have to sell it but if anyone does take me up on my offer they’re going to get a very special ukulele. Thanks.

Beautiful uke, interesting information about the Kou tree in the HMS posting.

Yes!!! That’s why I put the original link. You don’t hear about Kou, very rare.

I'm newish to this forum too, but if anyone is considering buying this Uke from Slade I can say that I just purchased and received a Uke from him. It is in perfect condition and was shipped quickly and safely from half way across the country.

A sight to behold. Beauty.

Thanks Kherome!!! I know it’s hard to trust people these days but I’m a trustworthy dude. I’m glad you received your ukulele and let me know if you have any questions.

FACTOID:

I too can vouch for Slade; he was the "commish" of our local "Pigskin Pick'em" football team for more than a decade!

Last edited:
As the rarest native wood known to Hawaiians, this is a heck of a discount! I thought my Hawaiian Ash Ko’olau was the rare one on Reverb but this is THE MOST RARE Ko’olau ever (minus the solid block carved archtops). Someone on UU with cashflow would be wise to snatch this up even if only as an investment for potential value to INCREASE in the future (instead of some rando on Reverb dot com). FYI Hawaiian Ash Ko’olaus cost $1500 five years ago, today they are $2500 brand new, so it’s true!

Top Bottom