Low G song suggestions

raffrox

Reaction score
So although I've been playing the uke for about 5 years I've not ventured to the low g side of things yet.

I found one or two songs that I wanted to learn that are low g and now I'm starting to get a bit of a taste for it. I know generally songs can be played either high g or low g but there definitely seems to be songs that suit either or both.

Not sure if I've posted this in the right spot but what are some recommendations for songs to learn low g? What are some of your favourites?

I'd consider myself a fairly ok intermediate player if that helps as well :)

I have a couple of songbooks by Daniel Ho. He composes for low g, and the pieces are beautiful. If you are into fingerstyle I would highly recommend picking one up.

Look up Camsuke on YouTube. He is an active member here and has posted lots of his own wonderful low g arrangements with tabs.

Andy

Check out the ukeeducation.org website. He has some great songbooks that are almost exclusively setup for low G.

Thanks. Some great ideas all round.

MopMan, Daniels Ho's work looks great and andy2353, I've watched a few of camsuke's youtube videos (amazing stuff) but I'd forgot that there was tab there as well.

mikhou, I can't believe that I wasn't aware of this website. This alone would keep me going for a fair while and might help me actually retain a bit of music theory!!

Thanks again.

The Ukulele Way online course, by James Hill, has the option to toggle between high G and Low G (as well as C and D tuning).
I'm doing the lessons and songs in high G at the moment, but I plan to go back and repeat some / most things in low G.

Also, the Quiet American's / Aaron Keim's 'Fingerstyle Ukulele' has tabs for both; his other stuff probably has too, but I don't have the other books (yet).

Thanks to everyone for the ideas. Much appreciated!!

Booksniffer, I hadn't seen Aaron Keim's playing/work before. Another one to work through :)

Love this thread. Guess I'm dense, because I have a low g uke and have been chugging along playing everything on it. Oops. I'm still fairly new and haven't figure out music notation yet. I want to learn finger picking better. I'm not a big strumming fan. This is really helpful. Thanks for asking OP!

Love this thread. Guess I'm dense, because I have a low g uke and have been chugging along playing everything on it. Oops. I'm still fairly new and haven't figure out music notation yet. I want to learn finger picking better. I'm not a big strumming fan. This is really helpful. Thanks for asking OP!

No worries :)

Top Bottom