Ohana pineapple sopranino : Any difference in sound?

Beasty_Artemis

Reaction score
So....of course I'm thinking of getting myself another uke....

I'm really into getting an Ohana pineapple sopranino. But I'm not sure if there is a difference in sound between the solid mahogany ( TPK-25G ), and the spruce top models (TPK-70G) .
Any thoughts?
Anybody ever played both of these for comparison?

Oh, don't tempt me! I keep thinking that I should try one, but I don't even like trying to play a soprano, so I never actually have. ;)

Usually, a pineapple body will give a fuller sound/louder, but not sure about it on this size, but the mahogany has quite a good voice from all the videos that I've seen of people playing it.

So....of course I'm thinking of getting myself another uke....

I'm really into getting an Ohana pineapple sopranino. But I'm not sure if there is a difference in sound between the solid mahogany ( TPK-25G ), and the spruce top models (TPK-70G) .
Any thoughts?
Anybody ever played both of these for comparison?

I have the sopranissimo cedar/mahogany pineapple and that tiny thing has way more projection and sustain than something that tiny should have.

The spruce top should be a little brighter.

Beast Artemis did you get your sopranino? How do you like it? I am thinking about the sopranissimo. Hope you love yours.

Probably too late, but this comparison video came out a few days after your original post. Pineapple is fuller sounding, almost soprano like.

Top Bottom