PDA

View Full Version : Ohana pineapple sopranino : Any difference in sound?

Beasty_Artemis
03-09-2019, 06:42 AM
So....of course I'm thinking of getting myself another uke....

I'm really into getting an Ohana pineapple sopranino. But I'm not sure if there is a difference in sound between the solid mahogany ( TPK-25G ), and the spruce top models (TPK-70G) .
Any thoughts?
Anybody ever played both of these for comparison?

Croaky Keith
03-09-2019, 07:28 AM
Oh, don't tempt me! I keep thinking that I should try one, but I don't even like trying to play a soprano, so I never actually have. ;)

Usually, a pineapple body will give a fuller sound/louder, but not sure about it on this size, but the mahogany has quite a good voice from all the videos that I've seen of people playing it.

AQUATOPAZ
03-09-2019, 07:40 AM
So....of course I'm thinking of getting myself another uke....

I'm really into getting an Ohana pineapple sopranino. But I'm not sure if there is a difference in sound between the solid mahogany ( TPK-25G ), and the spruce top models (TPK-70G) .
Any thoughts?
Anybody ever played both of these for comparison?

I have the sopranissimo cedar/mahogany pineapple and that tiny thing has way more projection and sustain than something that tiny should have.

mgsondance
03-09-2019, 11:42 AM
The spruce top should be a little brighter.

UkeDoxie
04-13-2019, 11:45 AM
Beast Artemis did you get your sopranino? How do you like it? I am thinking about the sopranissimo. Hope you love yours.

glennerd
04-13-2019, 01:02 PM
Probably too late, but this comparison video came out a few days after your original post. Pineapple is fuller sounding, almost soprano like.

https://youtu.be/eY-SsZ31tU0