NUD: KA-SRT-MA (Michael Aratani Model)

shanmoon

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
So i had a few bad months...I had purchased a Kala KA-SRT-MA Tenor Ukulele with a FIVE.O pickup, back in January. I was looking for nice intermediate solid wood uke, cheap enough I would feel comfortable traveling with it, but not so cheap that is sounds horrible compared to my nice ukes. It is solid rosewood and spruce top, and is the Michael Aratani commemmorative model. Sadly it got lost in the mail. In the meantime I lost a dog, spent weeks out of town with my mother was in the ICU, only to return home to a spouse in the hospital for surgery, house got some minor flood damage...All in all not a lot of fun....

But...things got a little better. The ukulele was found, and finally showed up nearly two months later, in surprisingly good shape considering the poor packing and battered box. Action is almost spot on. I will likely change the strings out and go Low-G with a Freemont Soloist and flurocarbon strings instead of the Aquilas on it now.
Kala.jpg

I played around on it briefly, but am really to tired to put it through its places properly.

It reminds me a bit of my Moon Bird, not quite as resonant or bell like, but worthy little uke that I will feel ok about throwing in the back of my plane when I go on camping trips and fly-ins.

Congratulations on your beautiful new ukulele! I'm sorry you and your loved ones have been going through so many tribulations. :/

I can empathize with your no good, rotten, time recently.

Different problems. 2018 sucked big time. So far 2019 is a big improvement.

I hope things settle down for you and your family for the better.

Best of luck.

Thanks! Things are looking up, and the uke definitely brightened my day. It really has a lovely sound, particularly for an import.

Top Bottom