Nud :-)

Joyful Uke

Reaction score
2 of my favorite things in life are ukuleles and The Beatles, so I couldn't resist this:

https://thebeatlesstore.com/collections/new-additions/products/yellow-submarine-blue-ukulele

I expected it to be a wall hanger only, but since it combines 2 of my favorite things, it would brighten my day just to see it.

To my surprise, the action is good, and the intonation is good, too. Tone-wise, well, it sounds like a $26 ukulele would likely sound, but in tune, at least. I'm already thinking about a string change, since I tend to not like nylon strings anyway. Tuners are geared. Really not bad for a $26 ukulele, (IMO.)

The box says that it's for ages 3+, so I figure I've got the + covered. LOL. But, I'll be playing it tonight with probably more enjoyment than a 3 year old. :)

Looks like fun! Enjoy it. Glad to hear the intonation is good.

Awesome... site still says on preorder. Would be interested to hear if a string change improves it.

BTW, assume you are familiar with Greg Hawkes CD, The Beatles Uke. Highly recommended.

Enjoy your new uke (would it raise some hackles if I said "toy"?)!

May it bring you many years of Joyful Uking!

Awesome... site still says on preorder. Would be interested to hear if a string change improves it.

BTW, assume you are familiar with Greg Hawkes CD, The Beatles Uke. Highly recommended.

Enjoy your new uke (would it raise some hackles if I said "toy"?)!

Yes, I do have Greg Hawkes CD. Definitely enjoyable.

Well, since it's for ages 3+, "toy" isn't out of line. It's definitely not one of those $10,000 Moore Bettahs, (not that I've ever seen one in person), and I didn't buy it as a "serious" ukulele. Like a good toy, it will be fun, though!

Top Bottom