I need a string recommendation for a 30s Martin style O

teninobob

Reaction score
Man this thing looks nice took the steel wool to the frets and then the entire fretboard with some mineral oil took the tuners off cleaned them up real good this girl looks fantastic. Wish I could post pictures here I did a bunch of before and after’s I am a big fan of Aquillas is and that is what I put on it is sure sounds better than the fishing line that was on it when I got it, but if anybody knows of something that they really like for these old Martin’s please chime in now. Thanks in advance, bu I am a big fan of Aquila‘s and that is what I’ve put on it it sure sounds better than the fishing line that was on it when I got it, but if anybody knows of something that they really like for these old Martin’s please chime in now. Thanks in advance, Bob

Attachments

• 63DCC2E3-EEA0-4902-B271-A8E1BB54ECEE.jpg
    63DCC2E3-EEA0-4902-B271-A8E1BB54ECEE.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 26
I happened to find a 1940s Martin 0 last year, and it came stringed with Fremont Black Lines. I forgot which strengths they are, probably the Medium Soprano set. They sound wonderful on this instrument.

Personally, I like the sound of nylon strings for this. I have a Martin-inspired mahogany soprano and I loved the sound of Aquilas on it. I had it strung up with Martin M600s for a while, but I preferred the fat sound of the Aquilas so I switched back to nylon. Right now I've got D'Addario Nyltech strings on there and I'm still using them months later.

Martin strings both the premium and florocarbon and worth browns..

Those are all good choices, it just matters on your taste and what fits your style and instrument.

Top Bottom